Cop lied to me..

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by echoe09, Oct 5, 2010.

1. That's how I felt about my divorce, but I sure am glad I hired her. $5000 retainer and she used EVERY penny of it. I have my son though and that's what matters. Story #2 about lawyers:

I got depressed because my son was going for his 6 week stay with his mom. I got off work early and decided to go fishing. Of course at that time, I bought a 12 pk of Heine's and headed out. The lake sucked, so I decided to try the river. I loaded my legal, registered pistol in case of mountain lions and the like. I didn't catch anything and got a call from my wife asking me to start dinner because we had an engagement later that evening. On the way home(speeding of course), my wife called me(before cell calls were against the law) to discuss the menu and I didn't watch my speed. I was traveling a flat road that had a VERY large dip in it and CHP was at the bottom. No time to react! He clocked me @ 83mph.

"May I see you DL, reg, and ins?" I REALLY felt like saying "Hell no!". I didn't. 5 sobriety tests later and I was in handcuffs for DUI and sitting in the back of the cruiser. The officer found my 7 empty Heines, my 1/2oz of mountain boogie, and my loaded, concealed firearm.:(

Am I proud? NO!!! But here's what came of it. I asked for a blood draw thinking I would have to wait; nope, I went to the front of the line. Measured a 0.12bac. The officer asked me why I had the smoke and I told him to treat my Fibro, depression, and a displaced disc in my neck. His reaction was "WHY the hell don't you have a rec? Told him I couldn't find anyone local and he suggested the Bay Area. He allowed me to call my wife(again:D, I snuck two calls while he searched the car) and she met us to accept custody of me. He gave her my gun back unloaded(since it was registered to me and he even was a little envious), gave me a ticket, towed the car and sent me home.

Next day, I called in sick and got the car. I then went to work the following day and told one of my bosses what happened(Leaving out the cannabis charges;))

When I got back to the office that afternoon, there was a business card on the desk from the other boss that was from a lawyer and just said "Call him!" on the back. I did and was told that it would normally be a $6000 retainer, but since I worked for his friend, it was only $2500. I retained him and when he looked up the case and I got my paperwork and showed him, I was being charged with:

1) DUI(alcohol)
    2) DUI(cannabis)
    3) Sppeding at 83 in a 55
    4) Wreckless driving since I was doing more than 20 over.
    5) Wreckless endangerment(because of the DUI)
    6) Possession of under 1oz of marijuana.
    7) Possession of paraphanelia
    8) Possession of a loaded firearm
    9) Possession of a loaded, concealed weapon
    10) Obstructing an officer(because I lied about the gun and pot. Just another lesson on why it's best to tell the truth!)

On my first consultation, I asked my attorney what the worst case scenario was and he said I could be facing 15-20years! WHAT??? Dickhead cop! I asked him about the weed and he asked if I had my rec. I told him no and he gave me a referral to a DR. and told me to go do it. He admitted that he grows his own and is good friends with my bosses(a story for another thread)!

He found out that I was to see a conservative judge whose daughter had been killed by a drunk driver. GREAT!!!! So, he showed up, asked for a jury trial(since the local court was not set up for jury trials they change venue.) and got it. We were in Superior Court now. He assured me that it would be ok. I footed the bill for a couple dinners out of my retainer(billed as investigation) and next thing I knew, after everything was said and done, I got time served(from the traffic stop to the hospital and then to meet my wife)40hrs community service, a $420 fine(YES!!!), 2 years unsupervised probation, and a 12 week DUI class. I think it was a pretty sweet deal.:hello:

I was an idiot to DUI alcohol and will never do it again, but I sure am glad I had a good lawyer! Get one now!!!

2. Sorry! I didn't mean to hijack your thread there. I didn't realize how much I had typed.:eek: Just wanted to let you know the importance of lawyers in the legal system. It shouldn't be like that, but it is.

3. #23 newbienewton, Oct 5, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2010
    no shit. good luck. :(

Move my ass to Vermont. I'll marry you. :D

4. Well, it was a worthwile read. And yea im going to call the court and ask if i pay the fined would i still have to show? And if so, go straight to a lawyer.

Your avatar is a guy, im a guy too.. lol

Id move your ass to vermont if you were a girl willing to help =]

5. if youve been living here for 13 years you qualify for some type of thing

apu on the simpson did it, watch that episode were apu become a citizen

6. Are you talking about the simpsons?

Thats a cartoon.

7. If you don't mention anything about being here illegally, I find it hard to imagine that the state would be able to find enough, or any, evidence that you were born in another geographical area. It's not illegal, to my knowledge, to live in the US without a birth certificate or Social Security number. How would they be able to prove that you were born somewhere else? Because the burden of proof is on them. This isn't like looking for a needle in a haystack; it's more like trying to guess what is missing from a room that you've never been in.

8. Cops SuCK .. ..

I had a BEEF with a dude that Dropped a Bin .. .. I ordered it .. .. *( Renovations etc ) ..

Anyways, .. .. The guy from Standard Disposal, .. Tried ta aaaaa Shaft me .. .. Fuck You I said .. ..

I had my ole lady call the Cops, .. Met them out side .. ..

Just I hate the 6 UP .. ..

Cops, .. can Sukkkk .. .. me Ole balanones.. and Get High of the innards .. ..

You Fucking Know It .. .. ;) .. .. ..

True, .. :mad:

9. Yes, you are right. And i love the analogy =] but. i dont want to get caught in a web of lies.

I could say i never got my license because i lived across the street from school and i work with my parents so i never needed a mode of transportation. ( all true as well) And now that i started another job i figured id just drive

I need some of what youve been smoking :smoke:

I can never make out what youre saying

10. #30 Daily Kush, Oct 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2010

What?

11. Dude, it's legal in Vermont. I'm not saying we have to consummate the marriage or anything.. Although, a nice bed and breakfast, a little wine.....

::wink wink nudge nudge say no more:::

[​IMG]

12. Cops get payed to lie.