Cop Gets Kicked Out Of Coffee Shop because hes a Cop

Discussion in 'General' started by Earth Ling, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Cops have successfully turned themselves in to the bad guy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYnGIxBwjK0

2. "I don't feel safe with you being here"

The owner is a paranoid idiot. Probably has something brewing in the back of that coffee shop.

3. #3 Ras_Star, Jan 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2014
    He isn't necessarily an idiot. To the average stoner, especially in non-med states/countries the presence of a policeman/woman is not a comforting one. I for one do not feel safe around a cop anyway, not bcoz I'm up to mischief but bcoz I'm a 25 y.o black male, with arms full of tattoos,I dress hip hop and I smoke weed. Not typically ur "cop-friendly" image so normally guys who match my profile don't really feel safe around cops. If anything, I fear being harassed by one of them.

"Everything is better when u are high"

4. The owner of the coffee shop is not a stoner or a black dude who fits a certain profile. His words were "My customers and I do not feel safe with a cop being around, they prey on us". I'm sure there is more to the story than the short video depicts.

5. Cops make situations worse, and are not to be trusted. I don't blame the owner for not allowing a cop into his establishment. It's ironic how the cop cites civil rights discrimination, yet day in and day out, cops assume the worst intentions in the people they encounter on the job; there's never an opportunity missed to better their quota (unless of course it's someone they know). I'm sure it's quite humanizing when the shoe is on the other foot.

6. #6 -Martyr, Jan 13, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2014
    Discrimination or not, this is the long term result of decades upon decades of misuse of authority and power that has now manifested into the clear and definite despising of cops from much of the general populous. Whether we perceive this to be justified or not, the fact of the matter is that there would be little room for contempt if the police were actually following their credo. There are good cops, and by all means this may be one of the nice ones, but we're all far too familiar with the alternative. Discrimination of any kind is disgusting, but unfortunately this is what the guy signed up for. You have to know that people are hostile towards cops, the same way you know that enlisting in the military means you're going to essentially reformat your entire lifestyle. If it's in the job description, there's no reason to feign surprise. 50/60 years ago, the man wearing that same uniform would have been kicking more than one person out of anywhere if they weren't white. They weren't serving and protecting then, and for the most part they aren't serving and protecting now. The way they handle civilian problems and "threats" are beyond the pale in their illegality and unnecessary brutality in a lot of cases. If all we're talking about is a cop getting kicked out of a coffee shop, at the risk of sounding callous I have to say tough shit. Go to Dunkin Donuts.

7. "...[He] isn't just a policeman; he's a human being."

"And I feel, I human being was humiliated."

Those are somewhat hypocritical arguments for supporting a police officer... the reason he was asked to leave was (I'm guessing) largely based on their reputation for "humiliating" civilians and not treated them as "human beings." 

Not saying I necessarily agree with the owners actions based just on the video content, but I also don't think the officer looks very good crying about it to the media. He got one small taste of how many officers treat civilians; suck it up. He's not gaining any more respect by publicizing it. 

8. #8 CMGarcia55, Jan 13, 2014
    I don't what kind of people you guys are but I have never encountered an asshole cop. If you don't want to be stereotyped then don't do anything to make a cop stereotype you. Plenty of reasons why cops go after thugs and thug-looking people. I sure hope you guys don't dial 911 when you need them.

9. White people scared of cops?

its the end of days

10. Don't get me wrong, I've known a few super nice cops. 

Buuuut...most of them were disrespectful assholish bullies. And the way the justice system just lets them prey on others without any real consequence has just strengthened people's dislike of them. 

11. #11 Heroic Dose, Jan 13, 2014
    Interesting, although i dont think id ever say that to a cop from fear of being targeted for retribution.

Tbh, ive had very few cop interactions but they were all quite nice, especially the only one that ever arrested me. He was actually the nicest of all, had a long long convo with him. And quite frankly i was super drunk and driving really, really poorly. If anything i wouldve thought that would make him treat me worse.

I did get stopped walking and got id'd once. Probably looked young past curfew. Thats the most needless hassle ive had from a cop.

12. #12 -Martyr, Jan 13, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2014
    That's a bit of a hypocritical statement. I see thousands of individuals on a forum that advocates a lifestyle that is marginally illegal all around the world, and for no real reason except greed and corruption. Not one of these people are using their legal names as their username. You don't have to be a thug or a Hollywood-imitation of an anarchist to be stereotyped. Anything that generally opposes their black and white view of the world is enough to make you a viable candidate. Your personal experience is your own just like those who have been stopped and frisked or searched without a warrant have theirs, but we shouldn't write off the innocence of oppressed citizens because you perhaps live in a nicer area where these things are less likely to happen, or due to genuine good luck. Like someone in here already said, I'm sure there's much more history to this occurrence. Or the guy could just be a paranoid fuck, who knows.

I'm simply saying that cops don't always perform their duties admirally or by the book, so people have cultivated a distrust of the uniform, regardless of the precinct.

I use my real name on forums. If you search hard enough I'm sure you'll find my info in no time at all.  Only reason I said that is because I always see cops getting shit on here on GC for no real reason except for the person's past history with them. Am I not allowed to comment based on my views and history with cops? Most people on GC seem like fuckups so it makes sense that they have been targeted "unfairly" by cops before. And does living in a somewhat "nicer" area make my opinion not valid?

The 'Owner' of that coffee shop has a right to serve to who ever the fuck he chooses. And i wouldnt feel comfortable if police were chillen either. They always look for trouble even when their is none. Cops need to come down to earth

15. Just like the dude at 7/11 telling me to hurry up and buy cause i got tattoos on my face

Racial profiling

Sent from my XT1058 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Just because you feel safe around police does not mean they are safe people. If you are black or brown, you have most likely been confronted by police once or twice in your life

17. I'd be willing to bet you would do no such thing if you had a grow op going on. It'd just be stupid. This post was pretty ignorant man, how are you going to say most people on GC seem like "fuckups". Look through the cop story thread, you can see with your own eyes that almost every single one of those are about weed. A lot of people on this site, and thousands, hell maybe even tens of thousands of people are wrongly arrested for weed every year. They target and harass people who commit non-violent crimes, from a law that was immoral since its conception. You have the right to say whatever you want, but yes having no experience when it comes to dealing with or getting harassed by cops is enough for your opinion on cops arresting and harassing people invalid.

Just because you don't feel safe around police doesn't mean they are dangerous people. And I'm brown and never been confronted by any.

I wouldn't risk getting raided by growing. Weed is illegal so you should expect to get "wrongly arrested" if you are caught with possession. It's stupid to think otherwise. I have dealt with cops and they have been nice if you're nice to them. If you're an asshole to them of course they're going to be asshole to you.

19. cops need to learn not everyone likes them , and not everyone wants them around. I might of not been a total dick to him or let him chill there for a long time, but i would of  wanted him out as well eventually. if he was being quick that would be good

20. That's fine, but if it weren't for the people taking that risk you wouldn't have any weed. The laws regarding weed are fucked in most parts of the world, immoral even. Nobody said they thought they wouldn't get arrested for weed, as a matter of fact, that's why a lot of people dislike cops. Unjust laws enforced by the corrupt. You know whats stupid? Thinking that because your nice to a cop he's automatically going to be nice back. Every single time I've had a run in with the police, I've been harassed and treated like shit, despite being nothing but respectful to the officer. Just because you haven't personally endured it doesn't mean it doesn't happen every single day.

You obviously have not had your fair share of police run-ins. It's like your advocating the law and the cops that enforce them. If that's the case I can't see why you would come to a forum of mostly "fuckups". Unless of course your goal was to look like a hypocrite.