Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

cop dog help

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by doobiegoobie, Sep 19, 2009.

1. i woden't take that risk
    moove,or keep buying

2. 1. Dogs are trained to either sniff explosives or drugs, not both.

2. Drug dogs are trained not to "flip out" at the smell of drugs, but rather take a passive approach.

Ex. When airport security walks their dog through the airport to sniff for drugs, they are waiting for the dog to sit down. If the dog sits down by a person then its an indication that the dog picked up on the smell of drugs.

3. Cops are trained to see things out of the ordinary. Keep manners up and dress properly, like you have some respect for yourself. (aka. Don't dress gangster or look like a punk that wants trouble)

4. Get very good air filtration (active carbon filter) so you have no smell leaks anywhere.

Or you can simply not grow. Easiest option by far.

3. unless that cop its a huge dick or you do something to piss him off you will be fine.

4. It's an explosive sniffing dog. Dogs are usually trained to sniff one or two things in particular. Don't worry about smoking in your house, just don't go making it blatant to the cop. They aren't going to bust you in your home for smoking, but if you're making it blatant enough that someone could complain, then they could.

5. This thread made me remember a cop lives behind me. hahaha

6. Seems like its no joints on blunts for YOU anymore. And be careful with ventilation, heat, and noises coming from teh grow room, there are so mnay things that can give you away. Always change into new, clean clothes after exiting the room with the plants. Or keep special outfit for going inside. The smell will stic to you when its flowering

7. Well how many yards is this dog's house away from yours. Other things that would be help are do you live in an apartment complex or a house, or a townhome or what?

I think if you own your a house and have a pretty nice distance away from the dog growing idoors could be an option. No?

I know their sence of smell is incredible so it would most likely be possible for a trained dog to smell a growing through a window easily.

Hope this helps. :smoke:

8. If the dog is an explosives dog, Then your fine.if the dog is a trained drug sniffer, your probally still ok. Dogs bark at everything, and cops give the dogs commands when there on the hunt for drugs. I wouldnt worry too much. Aslong as he dont walk the dog past your house everyday, then your in good shape. Dont grow outside. Grow inside, in a closet, and not alot.

9. i agree about the whole cop not barking about drugs unless given the command to search. because i have a simliar story to the guy in the trainstation. i was waiting for the bus and had a dime bag in the front pouch of my backpack. cop dog was walking by me in a closed tight corridor and i thinking about the weed in my bag. first he sniffed me then walked up to my bag which was on the floor next to me. stuck his nose right against the front pouch. but continued to walk with the pace of the police officer. if he couldnt smell it. then i dont know what good that drug dog was. unless he was a strickly "explosive" search dog. so i too believe dogs only react when given permission to search. i would also like to add i have a family full of police officers and ive seen trainging sessions with the dogs. and when they do tests to search for drugs in a car. notice how the dog doesnt react when sitting beside the police officer. but once they give the command to search. dog goes all out. my 2 cents.

10. The dog's not an issue if it's an explosives dog.

If you don't attract the cop's attention you're probably okay. The way you can attract the cop's attention is to have a lot of activity at your house that makes it look like someone's dealing out of your house. No one wants to live down the street from a drug dealer (well, no one that does't blaze I mean :) ) and the cop will do something if that's what it looks like.

Ignore the comment about him being off duty. There's no such thing. Most cops are instructed not to enforce the law in their own neighborhood because it can get really awkward, but if he sees you doing something suspicious, he WILL get one of his pals to check it out.

Just smoking a little bit, he probably won't pay any attention. You give him any reason to think you're growing or dealing, you'll get jacked for sure.

11. one of my best friends lives 2 houses down from a k9 unit, a drug k9 unit to be exact, and there have been no problems what so ever for years. you have nothing to worry about. just dont be an idiot and youll be fine.

12. you all have given some good advice and opinions. i don't think it would be a huge deal the more i think about it. esp if its just a 400w tent set up in a closet in a bathroom in the master bedroom with odor control. i also vap and am quiet so i don't think i'm too bad of a neighbor. well thank you for all your feedback, its helped a lot!