Cop caught me with weed, what now?

Discussion in 'General' started by Midnight-Toker, Aug 13, 2013.

1. Me and 3 friends (ages 17-18)  were in the woods near a park and split a joint and grav-bong. I got pretty fucked by it, we were all pretty high and chilling there for maybe like 20 minutes or so.

Suddenly as I'm laying against a tree my friends tell me a cop is coming, I thought it was a joke but they were clearly being serious as they stood up and tried to look composed. I got up and stood by this large rock as the officer approached us.

He asked us if we had been smoking weed and my friends said "yes", to which he said "yeah, I knew it, I could smell it from over there." He then asked us "was it just the 1 joint?" and they said "yes". He asked if we had any alcohol or anymore weed on us to which we said "no" (we did have a few grams but my friend tosssed in in a bush). He took our word and didn't check us.

He then proceeded to write down our names, DOB, address and phone numbers, to which we were all honest about. He radioed in that he didn't need back-up and then gave us a speech about how it was really dangerous, kids nearby have died from it, etc. He was pretty nice and laid back about it in retrospect and didn't inform our parents or make a formal arrest. (I wasn't speaking but my friends were being very respectful and listening to what he had to say.) He then left shortly after, it was yesterday and I haven't heard anything.

So what does this mean? Will he try to contact us later and/or will our names be on file?

We were really stupid about it but it seems like we may have gotten lucky.

2. Nope, you're good. Respecting cops goes a long way.

3. You got lucky lol.

4. Did all the right things guy don't worry most people don't get so lucky. Being honest helped you out big time .

5. Your fine. Around here they would take it and not do anything glad its decriminalized here.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. Nothing will happen he needs that info to see if you have any warrants. He radios youre info to check.

Sent from my MB886 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. Nothing will happen he needs that info to see if you have any warrants. He radios youre info to check.

Sent from my MB886 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. #8 coraygc, Aug 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2013
    Sounds like a really nice cop.  Back in the 80's my dad and his friends were at the top of this this hill in the car at a park.  They had an Oz. of hash and an oz. of bud on the dash, as they were dividing it out and admiring it ect..  The cop walked up to them and they rolled down the window.  The cop said "You boys put it away and go home"

9. He was trying to tell you weed is dangerous and kids have died from it? What fabricated bullshit. Fucking pigs, I tell ya.

10. #10 BugPoop, Aug 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2013
    Wait... So he said kids nearby have died from smoking weed? Loledit: didnt see the post above meSent from my PC36100 using Grasscity Forum mobile app