Cooling

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Papa Puff, Feb 21, 2017.

1. Looking for suggestions on how to cool down my grows!
    So I have a spair bedroom and I run a 1k hps setup. My delima is that when I shut the door and open the window it gets around 82. I have one fan in there. Wondering if I should get a square fan and put it in the window to pull colder air from the outside. I close the door at night cause my wife has translucent eye lids! How would u put an exhaust fan in the room? Any ideas how to keep room cooler with fresher air. Are there ways to keep light from escaping room? Like 70s beads or roll down screen? This is all without turning on heat or air here in Cali.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

2. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  3. Very informative thank you. Only issue I have is I can't do anything to this house so I just have a window in a door to work with for airflow and I can't modify the room. I can put equipment in there but I can't cut into walls or anything like that

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

4. All I can really say is that if you can't modify the house in any way do your best to think of it like this... I'd heat is an issue always try to draw air in from the coolest available source and always try to get the warm air vented to a different room. If you can't do that have you considered a window mounted AC?

5. 2 ways to do it . you have a window there throw in a window ac unit is the best a 5000 btu would cool it and its only 500 watts but it would run often but who cares it keeps the humidity in check . other option can you get a fan in the ceiling and suck the hot up ? get the window ac unit its going to be a very nasty hot summer !

• Like Like x 2
  6. Well this is my last run indoors it averages 110 here summer. I grow LSD and aurora outside. I am going to figure out a way to let the air flow into the room by hanging like the seventies beads. This will let the air flow through and keep the light in

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

7. Find a big, cheap tent that fits in the room? Would keep light out/in and make it easier to control temps IMO. A window AC would be a good choice also, would keep temps down while also not letting light through if you seal the rest of the window.. idk

8. You could try to get a window fan that will fit inside the sill. They're pretty cheap and will probably do or to vent out the heat or blow in cool air. But you probably need to move a lot more air than that. You could build a simple laundry type of vent into a small piece of plywood that you could put in the open window sill. Maybe mount a can fan and get some serious air moving.

9. keep in mind if you vent this out side they will smell it for about 500 yards depending on the wind . and you wont be able to control the humidity . and you wont be able to keep the room dark. a window ac unit is the only way to go drop 100 on a unit all done .

• Like Like x 1
  10. bryan oconner please quit commenting nonsense on everyones thread. people come here for advice from actual growers. not kids that spew bs on every thread that do not even grow.

wont be able to keep his room dark or control humidity if he vents it outside? so the thousands of people that do are just making shit up? you are completely clueless.

• Like Like x 1
  11. he is talking about throwing a box fan in the window . if its sucking the air out how will he be able to control humidity ? if its 90 % out side it will be 90 % inside . light will shine right through the box fan . ok lets say its time to dry the buds its 90 % out side how will he dry them ? it will take 2 weeks to dry and more then likely get moldy . he can run a dehumidifier in the room but its pointless he cant run the suggested 40 to 50% humidity in late flower . i will not shut up

12. Thanks for the link. That's a really good article.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  13. Bryan post a picture of your grow room and show us how you keep it cool. Dont worry, I'll wait.

14. Yeah, you're right that if the humidity is high outside, venting it won't change it. But for most areas, for most of the year, the outside humidity will be lower than that of a grow room - especially hydro. The plants are going to be transpiring and giving off moisture, raising the humidity. Venting it is USUALLY the quickest, cheapest and easiest solution. Unless you're using CO2, you want to be moving the air and keeping it fresh.

Splitting hairs now - yes, you're right. If the humidity outside is HIGHER than the grow room, then you need to mechanically remove the moisture from the air by some sort of dehumidifier.

But venting is always the first step then you take it from there.

Let's see how you control humidity in your room?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

15. Buy a cheap A/C unit, I got a 11,000 btu one for 249$ at Walmart.
    Works wonders, this time of year, its cold where I am, like -30 shit.
    I just run a 4" inline, with my window cracked about one inch, hose running from edge of window into tent.
    inline fan hooked into a thermostat, set at 26. I have my A/c hooked up to another thermostat, if the 4" intake cant cool it, and it goes past 26.5, my ac turns on.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Ty guys great info!!

17. wow, you can't even switch sites and not look stupid. I bet you could change screen names and people will still pick you out,LMFAO

• Like Like x 1
  18. I've never seen anyone feel the need to constantly try to answer questions and give advice when he has no clue what he is talking about. He does not even grow.

• Like Like x 1