cooling room with portable A/C

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by soundscience4.0, Jun 29, 2011.

1. Hello GC I need some help cooling the temps in my grow room with a portable a/c . I have a Growlab 4'9"X4'9"X6'9' size. that sits inside my converted garage to living room. I am running a 600 watt HPS for flower and 400 MH for veg. I am air cooling the reflector (pulling air through it) with a vortex 6" fan. Room was a garage and turned into a living room and can get pretty warm in the summer from around noon-6 pm. The living room itself has air conditioning through the regular home A/C. I did some extensive research and found the dual hose portable A/C in the way to go. I found this one here at QVC. It has dual hose and the reviews seem to be good, mainly the payment options drew me in HAHA. OK so here goes my main ?? I want to sit hte A/C outside the grow room and have my 4" vortex fan pulling the cool air in. Possibly run ducting up to the vents of the Porty A/C and suck the air in. I dont mind if all the air dosent go in because I dont mind cooling the rest of the room aswell. I have read that some people have problems with negative pressure in the tents. they had the a/c inside the tent though. With my set up do u think I will have any problems like that. Lastly anbody have a set up like this or have used this Porty a/c, or have ran into any problems trying the same thing, let me know . Any help would be great THANKS GC Haier 14,000 BTU Commercial Cool Portable Air Conditioner - QVC.com

2. I know this is a late reply man but I run a 12,000 btu portable right outside of my tent like you said and it works like a dream. I have the intake fan near it and also ducting to cool my 600w hood. temps average around 76 with light on, otherwise without the ac itll be in high 80s