Cooling a Room/Tempurate for Plants

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by RemiTsrif, Jun 10, 2011.

1. I was thinking about putting in an Air Conditioner to cool my room but was apprehensive due to the large number of Gnats and other bugs that are around my country house. I was wondering If bugs can get into Air Conditioners and if so, what other ways are there to cool rooms? My room can get up to 85 If im not mistaken. ALSO, whats the ideal temperature for growing plants?

2. #2 biggie2pac, Jun 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2011
    What kind of air conditioner? I have a window unit in my growroom so that I can get the temps really low without freezing my house.

I've never had any bugs come in through the a/c, but I live in NC suburbia. The only thing we have are spiders and ants and sometimes roaches, but i've never seen any bugs in my grow room any more often than in the rest of my house...

Ideal temp is 75 during the light and 60-70 during dark period but tbh they will probably be fine at 85. Plants can survive in the 90s, but once you hit 90 you need to try to do something