Cooling a 1000w hps

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Motocole85, Jul 7, 2019.

1. Will this setup keep a 1000w under 80?
    20190706_165722.jpg

2. Yes

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

3. Swap the 4” to the light and the 6” to the filter.

My new grow

4. So more cfm exhausting the tent than the light would reduce heat more?

5. Yes, you want to exchange the air in the whole tent. A lower cfm rating on the bulb is fine.

My new grow

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Also, it helps to evacuate the exhaust to a different room if possible.

My new grow

7. Can I suggest a COOLTUBE if it's within your budget?

8. His drawing shows a cool hood which works like a cool tube but has a better usable foot print.

9. Nobody is going to be able to accurately answer your question. You have some very vital missing information. Like what's the temp of the incoming air? Where will you exhaust the cool hood? Where will you exhaust the tent?

10. I wouldnt run two fans on the lights especially if they dont have the same CFM rating. You only need one on the outside pulling the air from the inside out. The one pushing air through might push heat out of the light fixture itself if its not sealed 100% and the 2nd fan isnt as strong as the first/restricting flow.

as far as the fan up top goes, I would run it on the outside pulling hot air from the top of the tent out, but through a carbon filter, otherwise its gonna stink. You dont need the fan down below to be pushing outsdide air in, I would use it inside for air circulation, leave the screens open at the bottom of the tent and let the negative pressure from your carbon filter/exhaust fan do the rest. If the negative pressure is too much and the tent is sucking in, then yes run the fan as an intake to push more air in to balance out the pressure. You dont want to have positive pressure. I prefer a little negative pressure.

11. its good in principle , biggest question is wat is the space?? 1000w in a 4x4 with temps of 25 outside you will need as follows

8inch air cooled hood with a1rvk to cool (830m3/h)

8inch air out l1 rvk (1030m3h)

6inch l1 rvk for air in (720 m3/h)
    large extractor because in the end your air cooled light will leak and pressurise your space

12. No LED on the market can match a 1000w hps. Just cant

13. Actually they can you just need to get a really good one.

My new grow

14. I've done research on the hlg600 and most say its output is close to a 600w hps or a little lower. I'll check that one out

15. Whoever told you that is wrong I’m afraid. The 600 would easily beat a 600w hps.

My new grow