cool wedding ring

Discussion in 'General' started by castaneda, May 8, 2007.

1. something that doesn't look gay, but I'm not macho man either and don't want skulls or that kind of stuff on it - the right kind of tribal or celtic pattern or nature thing even geometric might be ok

don't want something plain and ordinary but that's what I'll get if I can't find it

spent around 3k on her stuff so I want something real cheap to save money - 500 or alot less is really ok

spent much time looking at pictures on the internet already, but haven't found exactly what I'm looking for yet

any help where to look? can't hurt to ask ... maybe you know someone who makes jewelry or knows about this kind of stuff?

(posted here and in recreational use both for best chance at response)

2. Maaan, 3k on a ring... I think I'd beat my fiance up if he spent more than a couple hundred.

I'd look around at small privately owned jewelery stores, maybe even look into a used ring, it'll save you a lot of money if you don't mind that it used to belong to someone else.

3. I do feel the need to say though, that you really should refrain from posting threads twice.

Everyone wants maximum replies to their thread, but posting it twice just makes more works for the mods when they have to delete it.

4. If you need any help shoot me a PM.

5. I'd look online, type in male ring, whatever kind you want be it celtic or whatever you should get a bunch of options. Or just go to local shops, or a zales or something. I mean remember this is gunna be your ring forever, it should be special.

6. My sister is a gemologist/jewellery-maker. I could get you in touch with her, providing she is not already busy with outstanding custom work.

7. im in the process of learning how to make jewelry and hopefully by the time I get married I will be able to make cool wedding rings for cheap. I have decided that there is no way my wife is getting a diamond ring though. There are much cooler gemstones out there.

8. Thanks for the replies!

Sorry I'm in a rush, but wanted to post some pics to give an idea

Her engagement ring is the actual one pictured she's been wearing since August, and their working on the matching band now.

For mine, I'll probably go with a plain hammered band or just plain band unless I can find something just right. You can get these cheap too, like 100 bucks.

I'd consider something like the other 2, but what do you think about those?

Attached Files:

9. That's a beautiful engagement ring.

10. I've visited the meteorite website with the picture of that ring and thought it was pretty cool. The downside would be a price close to 1k. I'll consider it.

I'll might take a rain check on getting in touch with jewelers until I choose a picture close enough to know what I'm asking for.

But if you have a picture of something I might be interested in you could post, we'd appreciate it. I'm especially interested 18k white gold, but would be happy to find an affordable alternative if the style fit. I don't think I want any gems. Just going to be able to say that I took the journey for the ring as far as possible. Thanks again for the replies and also feel free to pm me with a pic if you feel like it.

11. I like the hammered band you posted.. I think something simple like that looks much nicer then the celtic.. IMO the celtic/tribal designs carved with the black lines makes them look like cheaper silver gumball machine ring..

12. Plus the simpler bands are cheaper. I might loose it too - I mean I'm not trying to, but just being practical.

Our wedding is in July, so I still have time to look, but I can definitely live with a hammered band. But I'll probably go with a titanium 4 or 5 mm without the smooth areas on the side.

Thanks again for the replies.

13. I have to say i like this one the most

[​IMG]

14. was just thinking that this thing will be on my finger, hopefully, for a long fucking time

2nd time getting married, but I very much understand why the first one went bad over 10 years ago. That's the only time I ever wore a ring.

So the idea of being so novice to this is my motivation.

any men experienced with wearing a ring have advice? Is comfort band important? What about ring width? I have probably somewhat smaller sized hands than average, so was thinking if the ring is too wide, that might be a problem with how it feels or looks.

15. I have small hands, but rather large, and calloused from the work I do, in relation to the rest of me. I have some experience wearing rings, but admittedly not as much as many others, haven't adorned myself with one in a while. for comfort, I find a smooth inner surface pairamount to this end. any imperfection is forever noticable here to the wearer. also the snugness of the fit. I like it to be snug enough to require effort to get over my closest knuckle to the ring, yet loose enough to freely spin to some degree. hope this may be of some assistance. oh yeah, I 3rd the hammered one you pictured last. congrats, may you enjoy bliss together for as long as possible to you both. peace

16. Titanium rings rock. Especially the ones in black. Some are made from the same material as airplane wings and such. http://www.tirings.com/

17. I agree, those are really attractive. I only viewed the 100-300 range for now, and fantacised ownership of one. was a tough decision. my favorite so far was the, black violet for 295.00. very pretty. peace

18. I got my BF a jet black one, solid titanium, and had it engraved on the inside. They rock. They are super light weight as well.