Cool to be atheist?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by t-fizz, Apr 28, 2011.

1. In my highschool, Its sorta a "cool" thing to tell everybody how there is no god and how religion is a bunch of bullshit. Does anyone else see this? Is it just my area or what? Its honestly annoying, I almost dont believe some of these people are atheist, just saying it because u seem like a "pussy" to have a relationship with god. Sorta pisses me off in a way. But does anyone else see this happening? Could it possibly be an epidemic? :confused:

2. I wouldn't know about high school fads... but it really IS cool to be an atheist. It means you use science and facts to come to conclusions instead of guessing a fairy tale God did it, just because you don't understand. Jumping to conclusions, if you will. Trust me, stick with facts and evidence and you can't go wrong.

3. Honestly, Telling me that he doesnt exist will do no good here. That goes to everyone. Hes pulled me out of so much shit in my life, its impossible that anything other than christ can do it. Theres no facts, I dont need facts though. I was raised in a religious catholic family, they taught me how to pray, how to contact christ, Ive took it upon myself to do so, and hes helped me alot. Bashing my religion just wont do any good.

4. you're not cool unless ya pee your pants..

it's cool for anyone to press their beliefs on another, it's how some people get a feeling of self-worth. You know what you know, that's all that matters.. right?

5. [​IMG]

If you push your belief on anyone, regardless of what that belief or lack of belief is you are a bad person and should be ashamed.

6. Oh, Cool story bro, Especially being that im not pushing shit on anybody. Seems to me that the second someone even mentions God everyone gets all excited to tell them how theyre a worthless P.O.S, and how theres no facts behind religion. If youre gonna start a fucking flame fest, just gtfo.

7. The world fights against God. So it makes sense that the world (and those in your school) would make seeking for God "uncool" so as to appeal to your desire to want to be part of the group.

Its one of many strategies used to keep people from seeking the truth for themselves.

8. Yea that does make sense. Just so weird. Like at my school, and ive seen it happen on GC as well, people will start saying "Well dont preach to me and try to push youre religion on me" But even wen u just mention god, Those same people will try to prove to you that he doesnt exist. Its a 2 way street people.

9. Calm the fuck down broham, I was talking about people like you described, that bash people for not believing or believing in something different.

[​IMG]

10. Thats what I thought wen I read your post, The picture made me think otherwise tho, being that i did start this thread. But if u werent tryin to flame me, I apologize. But I do stick with my ending statement, If any of you are going to just turn this into a flame-fest, youre better off just leaving. I just asked a question, and im trying to get answers, not people telling me that im wrong for believing in god. Again, Bwood, Extremely sorry, picture just threw me off thats all. Simple misconception

11. [​IMG]
    Sorry Gc for bumping this.

12. If rejecting God who created you and died for your sins so you dont have to burn in hell is "cool" then i guess im not cool

13. Science can suck my dick, as can you.

14. Might wanna get off your laptop bro.. science made it! :D

15. What makes you think science and god are any different?

16. Oh Im fine with scientific products. Just not fine with scientific theories.

17. #18 thabosshogg, Apr 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2011
    OP, I love the avatar.

I think there are lots of friendly atheists. I am a spiritual person, but I get along just fine with friendly atheists... Many of my friends are friendly atheists, and we actually have awesome discussions about spirituality/atheism without any sort of negative feelings or anger, because we are both comfortable with what we believe and don't feel the need to "win" any argument by pushing our beliefs on each other.

Then you have the other atheists, the arrogant ones who always have snide comments and insults for anyone with any spiritual belief. I feel like these guys have some issues with themselves and it gives them a self-esteem boost to put down other people's beliefs and experiences. They like to feel "intellectually superior" because they are, in reality, depressed and filled with angst.

What's funny is the friendly ones are the ones who are confident in what they believe, and who are happy with themselves and life... thus they don't feel the need to push their beliefs on everyone because they don't feel like they have anything to prove.

P.S. As a spiritual person, I think science is actually really awesome and interesting. As flyingmyplane said science and god are one in the same.

18. Youve posted twice in this thread and i just have to ask lol, Whose side are you on? I honestly cant tell in either of youre posts lol.

19. The side against ignorance.