Cool idea?

Discussion in 'General' started by hapidjusboy, Mar 8, 2010.

1. So while i was watching alice in wonderland this weekend i started thinking about how sick the cheshire cat is and then i got kinda depressed that he wasn't real:smoking: Then a crazy idea popped in my head: What if there was a hologram projector that you could put in your house that displayed a miniature(1 foot long) cheshire cat flying around your room and evaporating and reappearing etc.
    I know they can create holograms now, they did it for CNN i believe on election night last year. do you think this could be possible in the near future and if so mass produceable? Any thoughts on this?

2. #2 k_semler, Mar 8, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2010
    Here's the video from CNN: (first holographic projection on live TV):

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thOxW19vsTg"]YouTube- CNN Hologram TV First[/ame]

Sure. As long as you don't mind spending US$500,000. Then you can have one of your own holographic projectors. Mass produced? I doubt it. Unless is holographic television, (watch The Jetsons for an example), I don't really think there's that much of a market for it.

EDIT: Fuck the Jetsons. Watch this:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QYsg7_EHcU"]YouTube- Holographic TV[/ame]

3. I think the market would be the super rich, and there would also be some practicality to this invention. lets say you were going out of town for a few weeks, you could program a projector to create the image of a person walking around one of the front rooms of your house every hour or so...

4. well a couple weeks ago i was blazed as shit and went to a grocery store to find something that could satisfy the hunger...

and i came across a bundle of bananas that looked particularly delicious idk why

so i buy them and trek into the forest with a buddy and we build a fire to see if we could roast bananas. this is cool idea #1

but unfortunately the banana peels kept the banana completely hydrated and the bananas didn't "cook" at all. so i was like "hmm wtfs.... why are bananas fire proof???"

which led me to wonder about how banana peels keep bananas from drying out and im like omfg what if firefighters could wear suits that were made of a material and structure similar to a banana peel so that it could keep moisture in and keep heat out???? so instead of those bulky suits they have now they could wear banana suits and be safer and more maneuverable!!!!!!!!!!1 and so that was cool idea #2.

5. Fuck yes!

[​IMG]