Cool Homemade Bong

Discussion in 'DIY and Homemade' started by sphinx13, Aug 16, 2007.

1. The duct tape is there to hold the rubber grommet thing on. Also, when I was drilling it, the drill torqued and it made a little crack in the glass (nothing serious). I just put some extra duct tape on it to cover it up. I probably should put a carb on it, but I just pull the slide out to clear it. I think it was some kind of Australian wine in the bottle.

2. I Use Heat Shrink Tubing

3. How do you use the heat shrink tubing? Is it what you use to hold the downstem in?

4. Damn, nice homemade. Usually I don't come into one of these threads with very high expectations haha...thanks for the pleasant suprise.

5. Hot glue doesn't work very well with glass, especially so when it comes into cantact with water. Use caulk or some sort of hardening clay. With the clay you could even file it down once it dries.

6. nice fuckin homemade dude i gotta get me some glass drill bits =P

7. rest the bottle under cool ( not cold) running water while drilling it...(put a towl under it, if your doing it in the sink) it lessens the chances of it breaking due to the friction.

Thanks for the wine bottle bong idea!! I make those country primitive jar lanterns, thats where my experience in drilling glass came in..lol Now i'll put that diamond drill bit to better use!!

8. sick!! ima try that.

9. surf wax is a real good sealant

hot glue melts pretty easily and runs, surf wax you can mold and shit

10. Anyone trying this for the first time or having trouble, be very patient while drilling and let the drill do the work. More or less guide the drill rather than pushing on it. And like everybody else said, keep water running on it. Hope this helps!

By the way, great bong that bottle is sweet lol

11. When i was in high school i worked for my uncle in an engraving shop and whenever we would cut glass we used WINDEX

i dont know why but i works a lot better than water

just spray a healthy portion on before drilling and while drilling and you should be good to go

12. Me and my bud got one coming made of a Science beaker.

13. haha trumpet mouthpiece badass
    so it works eh

you should try a tuba mouth piece lol
    fukn big 'ol bowl o' bud

14. sick idea ... might have to give that one a go.

15. this may be a stupid question but i keep hearing about difusors and i don't know what they do. so im kinda confused. wanna help me out with that one bro?

I like that bong too. i think a hypnotiq bottle would be similar.

16. Diffusers let the smoke leave the stem through multiple openings, so you can take in more, and it is spread out more evenly

17. nice piece OP, i put my old trumpet mouthpiece to use too :) actually i have another one so i should make another bong. mines made of plastic tho...

18. For most homemade bowls i use a Socket Wrench head it works beautifully

other than that that looks cool mang =p

19. very innovative...good work bro!

20. Yeah, I have a very similar homemade...used a wine bottle as well seeing as how the shape / size is perfect on most every wine bottle...also, the socket wrench head is pretty much perfect for that because of the metal composition...too many trumpet mouthpieces have types of polish on them that I dont fuck with, especially if its used. The end that goes into the trumpet can pick up a shitload of the synthetic oil used on trumpets so I try to steer clear of mine if I can.

Nice work though man. Truly legendary.