Cool happenings in NH?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by blackjello, Mar 10, 2010.

1. I hear that they're close to decriminalization up there. Can anyone verify this? Sorry if i come across as completely politically ignorant, I just have no idea where to look this stuff up and google gives vague references to old bills and such. If its true, New England seems to be getting their shit straight. GREEN POWER

2. I don't really know anything specific about this, but I highly doubt Gov. Lynch would allow decriminilization in the near future.

He vetoed a very strict MMJ policy not too long ago, so I would think decrim. is out of the picture.

3. What a douche. Dont vote for that guy lol

4. The state legislature failed vote 14-16 I believe last time a MMJ law came up last year.

Here we go I found it.

Last update: February 26, 2010

New Hampshire legislators this year are considering two ground-breaking marijuana law reforms — one bill that would tax and regulate marijuana in a manner similar to alcohol, and one that would decriminalize possession of up to 1/4 ounce of marijuana. The decriminalization bill has yet to come to a vote in the House, but is currently scheduled on the House’s consent calendar for March 3. A similar bill passed the House in 2008 by a vote of 193-141.

http://www.mpp.org/states/new-hampshire/

5. holy crap. sounds promising.

6. From NORML:

7. I really hope it does get decriminalized here soon, I was arrested last week for having a quarter. Every day in Keene at 420 we gather at the common in Keene and smoke and it started last summer. The cops drive by almost every day and don't do anything usually, but there has been a few arrests made. If you search Keene NH on youtube you can see videos of this.

8. smoke free or die

9. Well, a bill to decriminalize it was passed in the NH House, but I calculated it and only 61% voted in favor of it, which is not enough to override the governor's veto. Better luck next year NH

10. yea but that cockhead lynch said he'd veto gay marriage as well. so there is always a chance.