Cool air humidifier

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by BudCyclo, Jan 10, 2019.

1. I read something with in the past week here on GC about a cool air humidifier with no external light. Sounds like it is just what I need. Any help is appreciated.

Sent from my SM-T587P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. I bought a humidifier, had a bulb inside the water like wtf, no access to it as i didnt have a star bit.

Anyway, now i have one where only the turn knob dial thing lights up. colored on it with sharpie (didnt work well) and painted several layers of the closest thing to black nail polish my mate has.

Right now im on my first grow, mere seedlings so it isnt a big deal, but i dont see light coming from it anymore, and ill throw a layer of duct tape over it to ensure light cannot penetrate

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. I had this little issue years ago and figured out a way to not only block the little annoying light, but also protect the humidifier's water from the grow lights hitting it. I simply got some pieces of leftover black/white poly sheets and made a little custom dome-like protective cover to place over the humidifier (white side out). Then just cut a little hole where the mist comes out.

• Like Like x 1
  4. cool like a tent/box for the humidifier
    to OP: dont run humidifier with fans off, i did that and ended up with 99% humidity and it looked like it was raining in the tent, standing water haha.
    Fans in leaves me around 30-40%, low for seedling stage but even with misting its what i got:)

Theyve grown in ditches for centuries,

Ofc im not sure how many wild marijuana females their are, seeings how 1 male turns them all. fundub

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  5. Exactly, like a little white jacket lol. It even fit over a different brand humidifier after the previous one stopped working.

6. I made my own humidifier. You can buy all the parts on The House of Hydro. There are tons of youtube videos on how to make one. No light and you can replace the broken parts. I did this after i went through 3 humidifiers in a year.
    www.thehouseofhydro.com

Good Luck,
    Tommy

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Or..or you can tape a hose to the steam outlet and stick the other end in the tent, leaving the actual humidifier outside the tent.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Thanks everyone, but l am looking for the person that made the recent post that showed this particular unit.

9. These are probably the best cool mist humidifiers on the market. Great customer service too. I used them for growing oyster mushrooms in a 16x20 room.
    RD

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Yeah I bought mine for growing mushrooms originally. Then I got one for the grow area...then I made another smaller version for my curing/drying area. For around $40 you can get an unbelievable humidifier.

Mine is similar to this one (see link below) but I used a 5 gallon bucket for the reservoir. I use an old fan (not waterproof and was only a temp fan until I could get a waterproof one...6 months later I'm still using it:love-m3j:). @Sc00byD00bie is correct that a tent or grow space with negative pressure would work just as good for drawing in the humidity. I have been meaning to introduce @Organic sinse to House of Hydro for his low humid Alaska winter. I think he could solve that problem for cheep!

Using a mist maker in your home ~ The House of Hydro

Tommy (formally Captain & El P)

• Like Like x 2
  11. I originally found one at a local hardware store. It crapped out fairly quickly and cost 2-3x as much as the house of hydro brand. The replacement disks are priceless.
    RD

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. I use a full sized house humidifier in my grow room. Works great. I tried a small cool breeze for a bit, but it wasn’t enough. I have to much hardwood in my home to use the house of hydro thing, but thanks for thinking of me. I guarantee that will help someone.
    Cheers
    Os

• Like Like x 3
  13. I run in a small 2×4×7 flower and 2×2.5×6 for veg. My flower tent has a 600 wt hps, and a 300 wt Mars LED full spec. in the other.