cooking

Discussion in 'General' started by JohnnyWeedSeed, Mar 27, 2007.

1. who here likes to cook? not cookng with pot but just regular food? i for one loooovve to cook. not just stupid shit like eggs or mac and cheese but lie whole real dinners and things that involve in depth culinary skills from scratch. italian is my favorite. i watch the food network and get ideas and then get baked and make them then smoke again and pig out on whatever i just created. anyone else like this? if so what are your fav dishes to make?

• Like Like x 1
  2. I love cooking as well.
    If i had to pick i would say soups and stews are my favorite

3. ^^^ yeah dude i can make a mean home made chicken noodle.

4. Its funny but everything a stoner makes is bomb as shit.
    I think Emeril smokes bud.

5. an awesome ecperience is to make your own dough- then pizza. It feels so rewarding.

But yea- I love to cook. Like chemistry with shit that won't kill you

6. hahahahaha

7. yeah stenod, if your a pothead then you gotta have some food skills. it just comes with the high

• Like Like x 1
  8. i love to cook, i go to culinary school so i m lucky enough to cook for 8 hours. today i made some banging filet mignon. first i seared it, then i coated it with this delicious crust (crust had blue cheese, bread crumbs;homemade, parsley, chives) threw it in the oven and about 20-30 minutes later i had heaven. I made a sauce with veal stock and whine to accompany it

9. Culinary school is my college goal.

10. i went to a school that was part of the La Cordon Bleu association. i dropped out for 2 reasons
    1 i didnt have enough money out of my pocket,
    2 i found out that i still love to cook and make spectacular dishes, but im not in love with the industry. basically the people that went to the school and the teachers were all a bunch of stuck up ass holes and thought that cuz they were already experienced in a few parts of the industry, that they had an upper hand on me and would always be very egotistical and annoying and i figured that many other people would be the same so i said fuck it.

but i still love to cook, but i like to make pesto, and anything with pasta, sauces are great but some are just way too crazy and not worth the hours of prep time if im gonna eat it in like 15 minutes. but alfredo is my favorite flavor.

11. I love to cook, seafood dishes are my favourite, because that's my favouite food to eat. Some days ill find when I'm stoned I'll cook all day, jsut plate after plate.

12. I'd love to be a good cook, but sadly I suck at it. Or rather, it takes to much effort. If I want a good curry/vindaloo dish, I first need to hunt down the ingredients (some rather esoteric and not found in my local grocer), marinate the lamb-meat for hours, mix, cook and bake. We're talking hours for a single meal.

Picking up the phone, calling the local indian restaurant, fetch the meal and get home again takes a total of 15 minutes...

But simple everyday stuff is no problem. Pasta + sauce + meat = yummy :)

13. MmmMMmmMM,

I got some big dinners planned this week.

Tonight I am making myself a pizza with home made dough. I love the hands on aspect to dough making.

Later in the week I am making:

A huge veggie stirfry with asian noodles.

Stuffed portabella mushrooms.

Meatless meatballs and pasta.

Portabella burgers.

Squash & zuchinni......

Delicious,

I love making my own meals.

EDIT::

O yea- I make a mean plate of home fries.

14. I made stir-fry last night. Three kinds of peppers, Shitake Mushrooms, Onions, Tomatoes, Chives and Udon noodles.

The only problem with knowing how to cook is having people know it. My girlfriend came over about two hours ago with a couple of steaks and pretty much said, "Make. Now."

15. I am a chef, its rewarding, but very stressful.

16. I need to go and get some good cookbooks, I love to cook.

17. My goal is to aswell attend culinary school as soon as get my court fines paid off.

its always been my dream and im sooo close

18. i once wanted to be a chef and was about to go to school for the culinary arts. i decided against it but i still kept alot of the stuff i learned. I can make a mean well..just about anything haha.

19. Epicurian.com has shitloads of great recipes. I like to look up new ways to prep and spice the classics, and they have so many different things that I've never even tried.

I am the finest maker of chicken wings in the known universe, I love anything that can fill your belly and give you dragon breath at the same time. I have a Papaya/ Habanero wing sauce that is untouchable for flavor and heat. Spicier the better!

20. Anyone know how to home-fry donuts and donut holes? :D