Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cooking with year old bud-will I get sick?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by mjmama25, Jun 15, 2011.

1. I have the worst of last years crop left. I don't want to sell it or smoke it so I was thinking butter. Is it ok to cook with year old bud? It wasn't all kept in the best conditions. I forgot about some that was drying on my back pouch in a paper bag. It's sort of lost it's color. I'm guessing from the heat. It isn't moldy that I can tell. Just old. I could use all of it, only cook with the stuff that was kept inside in good conditions, or get rid of it all. What do you think?

2. As long as it isn't moldy, it's OK. How potent is is, is anyone's guess. THC degrades under heat, light and moisture. It should still give you a buzz at the least.

3. The worst that can happen is it won't get you high. I bet it works out fine though.

4. Cool thanks. If it isn't very potent I know an older sick couple that has a really low tolerance. I'll give it to them and they'll be happy with it. At least it won't go to waste.

5. The entire reason for cooking is to kill off all of the stuff that makes you sick, so I don't see it causing any problems.

6. It's probably further decarboxylated and in the end stronger then any other starting material for edibles

7. That makes sense. If it was moldy, that would still make you sick, because mold is toxic even after being killed. But I don't think it's mold, just old. I'm guessing it's the same as using old spices like oregano.

8. my sister gave me some bud she had it in the draw for about 6 month i could tell it was old bud because of the color it wasnt green it was near enough gray i still smoked it and got high it was abit harsh to smoke but i did it anyways i wasnt ill or nothing still done its job

yeah you can still use it try mixing it with the newer stuff to even out the taste if you get me