Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cooking with hash oil

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Angi1958, Aug 2, 2017.

1. I purchased a "twistspenser" of hash oil and have been looking for a way to make butter for recipes or how to use it in things like rice crispie treats.
    HELP!!

2. (1) Get the hash oil out of its container, and into a small glass or metal container.
    (2) Decarb in an oven or toaster oven @ 240 F for 40 min using an oven thermometer to get a stable temp. Without decarb, it won't get you high.
    (3) If the hash oil isn't pliable, or has too small volume to easily use, add some oil or butter to make it easier to handle. Keep track of how much original hash oil, and how much added oil.
    (4) Add a portion to any oily/fatty recipe, including no-bake recipes. Try to avoid too much additional heat, which can degrade thc.

You will need to know original %thc and original amount to be able to calculate dosage.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. The product I have contains 500mg and each twist dispenses 10 mg of decarbed hash oil.
    I really want to make rice krispie treats which requires only 3 tablespoons of butter

4. (1) Find out the %thc in that hash oil. It could be anything between 20% and 90%.
    (2) Decide on how many servings you want, and how much thc per serving.
    (3) Calculate how many 10 mg twists you need.
    For example, if the hash oil is 40% thc, and you'd like to make 10 servings of 20 mg thc each, then the total amount of thc needed is (10 servings)*(20 mg/serving) = 200 mg. The amount of 40% oil needed for this is (200 mg)/0.4 = 500 mg. The number of twists would be (500 mg)/(10 mg/twist) = 50 twists (all of it) in this example. 20 mg thc is what most of my friends use that I give medicine to. This same calculation can be redone using different numbers.
    (4) Use the number of calculated twists to remove the needed amount of hash oil from its container, and decarb.
    (5) Combine with the butter to make 3 Tablespoons total.

• Like Like x 1
  5. You rock! Thank you so much! I will give this a try!