Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cooking with hash. Infusing to decarb?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Prophet216, Jan 11, 2023.

1. I started this thread on riu as well, looking for opinions. Do you really need to decarb hash, or can you just infuse for twice as long?

I've done lots of reading and no one says the same temp for anything or time durations. So now I'm asking for experienced answers.

What's your process, and why?

2. #2 BrassNwood, Jan 11, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2023
    Decarboxylation applies to Kief-Hash just as much as Buds.
    240 F for 40 minutes.
    Decarb is removing the C02 (Carbon Dioxide) molecule from the acid form of THC-a and this doesn't happen worth a damn once submerged in a fluid like Alcohol or an Oil. By the time you might have cooked an undecarbed oil long enough to activate it your deep into degraded Cannabinoids and great if you like sleep.

I want to be wide awake and moving for my stone with as much brain scrambling psychedelics as I can get. A full decarb and a short processing with Lecithin will get you an up beat semi speedy stone.

=====================web
    Should I Decarb before infusing oil?

Decarboxylation is the first step you need to take before infusing cannabis into coconut oil, butter, olive oil, tinctures, and more. Often referred to as 'decarb' or 'decarbing', it really is an important step if you want to make homemade edibles, topicals, oil infusions, and more.Jan 13, 2021
    =======================end

I've blown it and missed the decarb and tossed out 90 Hash capsules as they didn't have a fraction of the punch they should have. Thankfully I caught the screw up before I mixed them with the rest of the half full jar scattering them randomly in the good ones.

I tried to save them with 5 then 10 more heat and freezes but they stubbornly remained a dish of duds. Worse then leaving out the Lecithin. At least those are still half strength with that mistake.

Now conversely screwing up with a double long decarb (240 F for 80 even 120 minutes) does nothing much at all. The Caps were the same as always with not even a more "Roasted Nuts" Taste then usual.

No decarb = Weak nearly useless hash oil
    Decarb but no Lecithin = Half as strong as it could be
    Decarb with 20% Lecithin = Good as it gets.
    Double decarb = No harm no foul

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  3. BadKats CannaPharm: Medical Grade Oil, Cannabis Capsules, UV GLOWING Hash Candy, Canna Bombs more
    The best edible Hash oil recipe on the planet.
    Hallucinating Hash Capsules for Hemp Heads
    My humble take on the same stuff.

No matter what your intended use of the finished oil be it Capsules or Food this is the recipe to use as it incorporates the Lecithin to its best advantage. For use in foods blend required dose of Kat oil into the cooking oil / Butter your recipe calls for. Nothing could be easier.

BNW

• Like Like x 1