Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cooking with hash infused coconut oil

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Kaboose420, Apr 25, 2012.

1. Okay so I recently made some hash infused coconut oil following BKS's method for hash caps, the oil turned out amazing so I thank her for that!

I made some really good peanut butter oatmeal cookies for 4/20 that got you blasted, but unfortunately cookies don't have the best shelf life (good thing we ate them all up).

Anyway my question being, does anybody have any good recipies using coconut oil? Id like to do some more cooking with it but want to make something with a little bit longer shelf life. Any and all ideas will be apppreciated!

Also stay tuned because I will be posting the recipie I used for some killer cookies a little later on.

2. Here's a few, simple cookie recipes I like to use when I lack the proper amount of time/ingredients for other, more intricate, recipes.

Sugar Cookies
    1. 2 Large Eggs
    2. 2/3 cup (BKS :smoke:) coconut oil
    3. 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
    4. 3/4 cup granulated (white) sugar
    5. 2 cups flour
    6. 2 teaspoons baking powder
    7. 1/2 teaspoon salt

Preparation
    1. Beat eggs, oil, vanilla, and sugar​
    2. Add flour, baking powder, and salt​
    3. Drop ~3" apart on ungreased cookie sheet​
    4. Flatten with bottom of glass coated with powdered sugar (to prevent dough from sticking)​
    5. Bake at 300-330º F for 6-10 minutes or until edges turn golden brown​

Chewy Chocolate Chip Cannabis Coconut oil Cookies

1. 2 eggs
    2. 1/2 cup BKS oil​
    3. 1 tablespoon vanilla extract​
    4. 1 1/2 cups brown sugar​
    5. 1 3/4 cups flour​
    6. 1 teaspoon baking powder​
    7. 1/4 teaspoon baking soda​
    8. 1/2 teaspoon salt​
    9. 8-16 oz's chocolate chips​

Perparation
    1. Cream eggs, oil, and sugar​
    2. Incorporate dry ingredients​
    3. Bake at 300-330º F for 10-12 minutes or until no residue remains on the dipstick (toothpick!)​
    Both recipes will make ~24-30 cookies.​

I made a batch of each of these yesterday and even made some home-made cannabutter-cream frosting to top off the sugar cookies. Needless to say, I doubt today will be very productive :hippie:

3. Thanks for the great ideas! I ended up making some of her famous Hash Candy and it is delicious! I really enjoy cooking with coconut oil, I feel it just works so well. :wave:

4. You made a great choice, especially where you were looking for a good shelf-life... I sometimes find candies that were
    made 6 or 8 months earlier, and once or twice even more than 2 years earlier, with both their flavor and potency
    just about as good as the day they were made. :hello:

If you make coconut oil truffles with milk powder, or without milk at all, and wrap them decently, these can last
    for months as well. :) Chocolate Truffles are super easy, it's just a matter of *equal parts powdered sugar and cocoa,
    plus your oil and a few drops of vanilla. The capsules can last well over a year or more, as well.

(* equal parts would be the basic recipe, to give you an idea of the ratio you may really enjoy for your next batch.. sometimes I
    like a lighter, sweeter truffle, other times I like dark, bitter chocolate, with just barely a hint of sugar. :D )

Cupcakes, made with paper liners and topped with frosting, last surprisingly well, too (although we're only talking weeks
    to a month tops without refrigeration, in this case... they'll last almost a year in the freezer, and sometimes longer if you
    wrap them well with the more-stable and less-porous oven bags, rather than freezer bags, and keep them in a tupperware
    container!).

I made four or five batches of these, of varying strength, the week before 420... over two weeks later without refrigeration,
    and we're still munching on the last of them and they still seem to have the same taste and texture (those below were the
    first to be eaten, because they were frosted 'decoratively' for the tutorial, leaving exposed edges.. to seal in their freshness,
    you'll want to have the frosting reach the edges of the cake, and touch the liner). :p

[​IMG]

5. Yeah that was the biggest factor for me was the shelf life, and they taste amazing! I want to experiment with some different flavors and stuff I ended up just using vanilla extract. I was also thinking about making some taffy instead of the rock candy I think that would be yummy.