Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cooking with Green Dragon

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by r7037, Oct 5, 2010.

1. well, will it get you stoned? Or do the cannabinoids and stuff evaporate with the alcohol?

2. when you reduce green dragon, you remove the alcohol and water, but the cannabinoids stay put. you should probably make your green dragon into a tincture if you want to cook with it, otherwise its just too much liquid.

its better to just use the green dragon as green dragon and make some infused butter next time, or you could do a alcohol/butter extract which kinda combines em in one, and makes for one potent extract but also messes with the taste.

3. I've been doing the following:

- 2 grams bud, finely chopped - spread evenly on a sheet of tin foil
    - preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit
    - once at 325 -- bake for 5 minutes and 30 seconds (after 2 minutes or so, you will smell it, trust me...)
    - after the 5 and 1/2 minutes, take out and pour bud into 2 ounces of Lemon Extract (93% alcohol --- in the baking section of your local grocery store).
    - shake it
    - pour some into a glass of apple juice and prepare for take off...

--- works best if I let it sit for a week though...

I do not mess with the boiling off of alcohol process, nor the straining... Yeah, I'm drinking down finely chopped bud leaves, but my success has been quite good of late... once my guy comes through on next delivery, I'll be ready to fire up another batch.

Do not try to drink the lemon extract and bud particles straight - downright awful... but in about 8 oz. or so of cold apple juice? awesome...

If you are worried about the smell created during the 5 1/2 minutes of baking, you need to mask it - obviously - but how? Don't bother with incense, etc... waste of money.

I like to cook -- especially Indian food, curries, etc... trust me -- the smell of the curry will overpower the dank in the oven... and once the dragon starts to take effect -- IT'S CURRY TIME!! You haven't lived until your blazed to the eyeballs on dragon and feasting on some home made curry and yellow rice...

Enjoy!!