Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

cooking with coconut oil

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Non, May 1, 2013.

1. I just want a simple way to ingest cannabis without having to smoke it.

I read somewhere it can be done if you cook it in coconut oil under 200 degrees F. Is that correct? No more than 200 degrees F?

Also how long to cook it for?

and is it recommended that I decarboxylate the weed before putting it in the oil? Can I just dehydrate it for a little while at 106 degrees or less or do I have to bake it?

Regards

2. Also.. I've never really had an edible work for me. I've tried.. I used to experiment a lot with coconut oil and alcohol... never once worked for me. I tried different methods.

I think only once coconut oil got me high but I think it was placebo since I feel like the high feeling was only triggered by an experience which made me self conscious in public. I mean sure all these experiences had SOME of the high but not a total high. Just I guess the CBD but not THC.

3. Photo tutorials...

BadKat's Highly Activated & Bioavailable, Med-Grade Cannabis Concentrate (Edible & Smokable recipes included...
    similar to Phoenix Tears/RSO & BHO, but bioavailable and made with food grade/drinking alcohol
    )

-Medical Grade Cannabis Concentrate-

[​IMG]

BadKat's Highly Activated & Bioavailable, Med-Grade Hash Oil (starting with dry-sift hash, same as capsule recipe,
    oil can also be used for cooking)

Med-Grade Hash Oil

[​IMG]

BadKat's Highly Activated & Bioavailable, Med-Grade Canna Oil (starting with flowers/bud/trim etc)

Med-Grade Canna Oil

[​IMG]

Video tutorials from my presentation with Rick Simpson, at the Cannabis World Summit.... :)

www.CannabisWorldSummit.com

*** You'll need this one...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEa9a1riXl8"]BadKat's CannaPharm "The Cannabis World Summit Edition, Vol 1: Decarboxylation" by BadKittySmiles - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMKeEwMSgb4"]BadKat's CannaPharm "The Cannabis World Summit Edition, Volume 2: Flowering & Revegetated Clones - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shrUhcPLqb0"]BadKat's CannaPharm "The Cannabis World Summit Edition, Vol 3: Hash Machine Demo" by BadKittySmiles - YouTube[/ame]

*** And this one... be sure to read the directions included in the video for using the time and heat exposure to control and manipulate the effects provided by your oil!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v6wKwQO6Ko"]BadKat's CannaPharm "The Cannabis World Summit Edition, Vol 4: Medical Grade Oil" by BadKittySmiles - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spHr1m5ZQA0]BadKat's CannaPharm "The Cannabis World Summit Edition, Vol 5: Topical Bone Bars" by BadKittySmiles - YouTube[/ame]

4. thanks badkat. This is a project I will need to work on.

Regards

5. sounds good

6. #7 Livingood, May 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2013
    Thanks for this fabulous update!

Hey, I hope you wouldn't mind me asking, on the oil thread you had a drink recipe, wherein you described these wonderful sounding concoctions; "For those of you who like to indulge in a little drinkypoo, now and again, this is summery spin on the traditional 'Mojito', using Chambord vodka and Tequila. You can use Green or Golden Dragon, glycerin tincture, a heavily infused mint extract, or all of the above, to make this cann(a)-tastic treat."

It was the infused mint that got my attention, well that and I love Mojito's.. Will this and your green/golden dragon recipes be in your book?

Peace

7. thanks BKS.

So yea I see that the magic number seems to be 220 F.

I made a batch of oil with just coconut oil and dehydrated weed and I can surely see how if this just had lecithin and frozen it might work so much better. I did 220 in the oven for 2 hours, then immediately consumed after cooling.

8. #9 Non, May 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2013
    thanks BKS.

So yea I see that the magic number seems to be 220 F.

I made a batch of oil with just coconut oil and dehydrated weed and I can surely see how if this just had lecithin and frozen it might work so much better. I did 220 in the oven for 2 hours, then immediately consumed after cooling.

So far.. this is probably the most effective method/temperature I've tried.... atleast in my oven. Which makes it easier and no need for a candy thermometer always watching the stove heat etc.