Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cooking with cannabis. More than a snack.

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by SmurfyBH, Sep 28, 2011.

1. I was wondering if I had a dinner that could actually get you stoned instead of an actual snack.

I know cannabis has a particular taste to it. But ehhh.. c'mon.. it's cannabis.

Anyways. I was thinking of taking some clarified butter and saute` some trimmings for about 10min. Not long I know but the low amount of butter oil should make the butter:cannabis ratio pretty powerful. Strain cannabis using cheese cloth. Then add clarified butter with your THC in it back into the saute`. Add 2oz Mushrooms, 1min later add 2oz spinach. Saute` until soft and tender. (Now question for someone that knows more than me) If I add white wine to de-glaze my pan, will it destroy the THC? Anyways, I will add capers with wine. After de-glazed and the buttersauce has been formed I will add my linguini. A squeeze of lemon and parmesan to top.

Any thoughts.

2. Of course you can once you make cannabutter any food that uses butter can become an edible.

3. I don't want the dairy that's in the butter for what im making. Im asking if it will work with clarified butter, and also if it will stand the flambe when deglazing with whitewine.

4. What exactly are you trying to make?

5. lol 10 mins, a little bit of trimmings...

ill be shocked and appalled whe- I mean if it doesnt work

6. A Mediterranean influenced linguine, spinach, artichoke hearts, diced tomatoes, capers, tossed in a white wine garlic butter cannasauce and feta cheese.

7. If you know something I obviously don't why don't you enlighten me?

8. Sounds like a quality meal

9. #9 SmurfyBH, Sep 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2011
    Basically an Athenian Primavera tossed in a white wine garlic cannabutter sauce.

I mean, food is comforting to me. Not just snacks. But meals. I was just thinking of being able to get full off a meal and getting the itis and on top of that get knocked on out my socks by the cannabis as I eat. Dinner and a movie would be so awesome.

10. I've heard water will reduce the THC content if mixed together. So if there is water in wine this may happen to you. But I'm sure if you use enough the THC should effect you and your dinner date. @@.

11. sir/ma'am you are on grasscity, if you bothered to check on the recipe here on cannabutter you would see, that not only 10 mins is not close to enough, the method that you use to extract it is ineffective.

may I suggest http://forum.grasscity.com/incredib...-easiest-single-serving-canna-oil-recipe.html

and see if you can get your hands on coconut oil, it is healthier and has more then twice the fats, you more bang for your buck so to speak

you welcome

12. http://forum.grasscity.com/incredib...pe-guide-cannabutter-step-step-pictorial.html
    After reading this I see he let the butter and trimmings sit for couple hours to 24hours. Say I have already done this with clarified butter. Will then my recipe work without destroying the thc?

13. Clarified butter removes the milk product in it, correct?
    If so, then the butter will be significantly less potent. I strongly advise that you just roll with just plain butter. Your food may brown, but who gives a shit. You're eating it, not saving it to look at.
    Beyond that, you could serve the artichoke hearts in a butter-based soup type of entre', it would be delicious. Evaporate some white wine with some bud in it, and strain out the remaining fluids. Baste food with liquid. Let sit for 30~ minutes. Enjoy.