Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cookies Smell Proof Backpack

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Danielsa8911, Jan 17, 2018.

1. Hey has anybody bought the Berners cookies backpack? It’s expensive as hell but I want to know if it’s worth getting

2. The problem with *any* container that claims to be smell proof is, they are unless you contaminate the item itself unknowingly. Cars are smell proof too, but the dogs find the car because you handled weed and then opened the door, contaminating the door handle. Ditto for anything. If you're handling your smelly bong or smelly weed, and putting it in inside the smell proof bags in that pack, the items in the pack may not smell, but the pack likely still will because you've handled it with contaminated hands from the objects you're trying to hide.

So, a smell proof container is one step of the process. Learning not to contaminate yourself and then contaminate things you handle is the other step. And if you learn that, any backpack is going to work because you can drop it in a simple small jar or pill bottle and put that in the pack and neither will smell as you've kept your hands clean.

3. Cars are most definetly not smell proof. They would have to be air tight to be smell proof for a dog. If a car was air tight we would die driving around with the windows up.

Drive by a hog farm with the windows up and you still smell hogs, indicating that a car is not smell proof.

4. I never considered the door handle. They do always seem to smell that on the shows and start clawing.

5. Smell proof and air tight are two separate ideas. Go do the research. Dogs generally hit off of smells placed on handles by people with contaminated hands. Dogs can't magically smell through metal and glass. See my comments below.

Yep. A cop will always make sure the dog has ample opportunity to smell any place on the outside of a car that a person might touch with contaminated hands. Even a gas cap. Dogs don't have super powers, or even super smell. But they do have sophisticated noses and aren't fooled by cover smells. Humans are fooled by cover smells, and so we unwittingly contaminate things when we think we aren't.

Your hands smell like weed so you wash them and now they smell like lilacs. The dog smells weed and lilacs. You've got weed on your hands and open your gas cap. It all smells like gas to you. The dog smells weed and gas. We smell a stew cooking, dogs smell beef, gravy. potatoes, salt, pepper, carrots and celery cooking.

People contaminate everything. Look at all the threads here where someone's saying their weed is so strong they can smell it through the mason jar or whatever container that we all know to be smell proof. They're not smelling the weed inside, they're smelling the resin their hands left on the outside of the container.

Resin is sticky and smelly, and sticks to our hands. And just like the resin in bongs or pipes, it doesn't come off with just soap and water. For hands the best thing is to wear gloves, but rinsing with ISO or using an alcohol based gel like Purell works too as long as you're thorough.

There's a guy who used to be a cop and he's got a video series on how to smuggle and why things get you caught. He goes into great detail about contamination and how law enforcement realizes you do this, even when you don't, and they use that to catch people.

6. No it's not, especially when dealing with dogs. You've obviously know very little about vehicles. Steel and glass aside there's straight openings right inside the cab. Cracks around doors, air inlets through the firewall for air exchange even when heater or a/c is off, windows dont completely seal. You've obviously never been searches by a dog either .

7. Okay.

8. Good....you learned something today. A car is nowhere near smell proof. You wouldn't smell hog farms, diesels, skunks, road kill, etc when going by with the windows up then. And that's humans , dogs noses are way more sensitive

9. Lol. You're not a moron.

10. you're learning buddy...

11. Lol I didn’t get the main kind of answers that I was expecting but this back and forth isn’t half bad either

12. If you're of legal age in respective states, this purely informational advice is for you (I'm talking personal use buying in a legal state legally. You traffickers can fuck off): I may or may not know of a guy who brought stuff back with them from Denver. Did a ton of research beforehand and basically if you get caught they just tell you to throw it away, and if they call the police, they don't give a shit either, unless you're trying to take like a whole backpack full of bud (one guy did a few years ago and they called the DEA). You can get fined however at Denver Airport, but that's rare. If you have a medical card, they're even more lenient if they find your stash.

ALWAYS take in carry-on. They're more likely to search checked bags than your carry-on. Make sure your bag is packed properly and won't flag for something stupid like a shampoo bottle or charger cords placed in the wrong spot. Don't try to hide it. Leave in plain site like any other legal item you would be traveling with. If they do need to search you bag, ask if you can help them find what they're looking for. My buddy had toothpaste one time and saved Tsa the hassle of emptying his whole bag by showing them where it was. FYI tsa is looking for threats to national security. They specifically say in their website that they aren't looking for drugs. Plus their xRay machines can't see dick in terms of identifying pot on a scanner. Don't be nervous. Act normal. They're looking for people who are on edge. Also the dogs are bomb sniffing dogs, not drug dogs. They only do one or the other, not two tasks simultaneously. Some border airports may have drug dogs, but definitely not in places where pot is legal. Also probably not a good idea to use bags that may contain residue from things such as fireworks or ammo. I know of firework employees being stopped by sensors because they had residue from the stores on their shoes. If you're super paranoid, bring back edibles in your carry-on and checked bag. Split between the two in repackaged items. Don't leave them in their original containers. Edibles will be translucent on the monitor like any other legal food. No sweat. Another option is disposable vape pens that hold concentrate. Many aren't labeled as THC and they look exactly like an e cig to the untrained eye (if they recognize it, they probably use pot too). Check out o.pen ish- not great but very discreet and cheap. Vape pens MUST be kept in your carryon per tsa regulations as the cabin is pressurized unlike where checked bags are kept. Also people have mentioned leakage when placing cartriges in checked baggage. You could also take joints in cigarette boxes. No one will know. There are even people who take whole buds on the plane, but personally I don't have the balls to do that. Please don't get super baked before a flight. If a flight attendant notices you're severely impaired, they can rightly refuse boarding or remove you from a plane. You need to be able to safely follow their directions.

Lastly, a word of warning: it is a federal offense, felony, to transport narcotics across state lines. It's even more of an offense if you're taking stuff across country lines (e.g. Canada). All in all, flying is probably the safest option, but it's still a risk. You can decide what level of risk you're willing to take. Tsa knows it happens and they frankly don't give a flying fuck what Jeff Sessions says. Do not, I repeat, do not try to drive it out of a legal state. Cops are on the lookout in adjacent states and you can get really fucked. I know of someone who got felony drug trafficking charges for doing that, even though it wasn't the intent. Also don't mail it. The post office is actually quite bad ass at investigations and will catch you or stop your package eventually, not to mention the added charge of using the postal service for fraud. I'm not condoning any of this, but that's the facts and easiest ways to do it.

The problem with *any* container that claims to be smell proof is, they are unless you contaminate the item itself unknowingly. Cars are smell proof too, but the dogs find the car because you handled weed and then opened the door, contaminating the door handle. Ditto for anything. If you're handling your smelly bong or smelly weed, and putting it in inside the smell proof bags in that pack, the items in the pack may not smell, but the pack likely still will because you've handled it with contaminated hands from the objects you're trying to hide.

So, a smell proof container is one step of the process. Learning not to contaminate yourself and then contaminate things you handle is the other step. And if you learn that, any backpack is going to work because you can drop it in a simple small jar or pill bottle and put that in the pack and neither will smell as you've kept your hands clean.

I use those freezer bags with an actual zipper on the top Best Smell Proof Backpack Reviews: List & Comparison in November 2018! Not the ziplock one which are not smellproof. I put the baggie with the weed in normal ziplock bag then put the ziplock bag inside a bigger proper zipper freezer bag. All surfaces should be swabbed with alcohol as well.