Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Convince me to buy a Vaporizer.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Tseten, Dec 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. As the title says, im thinkin about buying a vaporizer. Ive heard great things about them, but never used one. I have a Bong, FYI. Basically tell me why u reccomend one, plz describe in detail what you like about vapes. And why you like them better than bongs. Also what type of vapes do you reccomend for me. 

2. #2 lazy student, Dec 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2013
    Vapes are great and you'll hear a lot of owners swear they're the best way to smoke. I've had the mflb and volcano and used a lot of other kinds but I still like the high from a bong better. I don't feel I get as stoned or stay high as long with a vape, but this could be a personal thing. The abv (already been vaped) is always great for edibles though.Moral of the story: try one before you buy one if you can

3. #3 Recovery1CDR, Dec 9, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
    you can take vapor bong hits. I have an extreme Q. I don't even use the whip. It's either the bags (which it has a remote, making it awesome) but i just take the whip, stick it in my down stem and off to the races. You get that bong hit, but with the glory of vapor. 

Fuck mflb. People swear by them,  but if you compare them to other vaporizers, they just don't stand up.

I basically avoid all portable vaporizers. Because they'll either brake quickly or not be satisfying. Table tops are the way to go.

I do not like vaporizers more than bongs. If it's between the two, i'll take the bong and hit the vape on the side in between bong hits. I need that satisfying hit, and vaporizers don't provide that in a single hit. 

EDIT: the above poster made a good point.. Try one before you buy one.

4. Caps are good when your bong doesn't travel, that's all IMO because ain't nothin gonna rip like a good bong hit. But you can't put a bong in your pocket and carrying a j or dry piece is sometimes a pain in the ass, plus with the E-cig craze nobody's gonna trip about it. That's what I've got for it.Toke On!

5. Conserve more weed and you get higher, if you buy a good one.

6. Search the FC forums for detailed threads on all vapes. I love my DBV but I wish would've bought a Solo. Just research hardcore for a while...I used to love bag vapes until I bought a quality whip style, ill never go back.

7. Well after a DBV, 2 Solos and a MFLB, I'm back to bong rips again. Now I'm not saying bong rips are better, it's just that I prefer the convenience of packing a bowl and smoking it. I can't  be arsed messing around with vapes, stirring every hit, remembering to charge portables, heat up time, crushing to re-vape etc.

However vapes are great and the high is immense if you give it some time and adjust to the difference, only way you can be sure though is through the experience of using a good vape yourself. A bit like when someone tells you something and you won't take their word for it, you need to go find out yourself before your like "Ok you were right".

8. No tar.

No carcinogens.

More THC is vape then if it were to be smoked

Conserve more weed if used right.

Can still vape through your bong, so you can still bong

Cleaner high

Vape bonging won't get your bong dirty at all

9. [quote name="Weedity" post="19131168" timestamp="1386609747"]No tar.No carcinogens.More THC is vape then if it were to be smokedConserve more weed if used right.Can still vape through your bong, so you can still bongCleaner highVape bonging won't get your bong dirty at all [/quote]Longer highMore flavorBut use hemp wick if you don't want to run out of lighters

10. Honestly the high is different but you still get blowed after going through a small vape sesh, plus some people smoke the vaporized "ingredient" it definetly saves bud and is awesome u just gotta hav the cash for it

11. And it's wayyy better for u

12. You = wrong.

The mflb is great, the only people who don't like them either don't know how to use them, or have a high tolerance and are used to dabs. Especially with a power adapter, you can vape just as strong as the Extreme Q. I have a EQ and MFLB. You're correct to run the whip through your bong through, I love me a vaporbong.

OP, get a cheap 30 dollar vaporite off ebay, If you like it, save up for a nicer one. If you don't it's not a big waste of money. They actually work quite well.

13. No.

Sent from my XT907 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. vapes are a super clean high. sometimes i like the dirty feeling that id get with the smoke so i end up vaping a couple trenches and that gets me absolutely ripped. i also save my post vape and smoke it when i dont have any green lol. 

15. I had a vap that you plug in the wall, and compared to a peculator bong, it was the greatest and purest thing ive ever smoked out of. Besides it hits so much harder and gives you a completely different effect... so amazing

nah man, i had a mflb for over a year. I knew how to use it.... very well actually. i got fat vapor clouds. I just wasn't feeling it. Compared to my EQ, it will trump the mflb any day.

You are wrong. and no, i didn't have some huge tolerance because of dabs. I actually just threw the mflb away because it's a bullshit novelty item practically.

17. If you don't have a high tolerance, and think the mflb is a novelty, i'm assuming you don't use very high quality herb. Or maybe your batteries were weak? that could have a large effect. But if you got big clouds, there is literally no reason not to like it. A cloud of vapor is a cloud of vapor. Especially with the mflb being a convection vape, it gets hot enough to release all of the heavier cannbanoids. There's just something not right. Maybe you just aren't patient enough to like a vape that is that slow. I'd really like to try an arizer solo.

And of course the eq is better than the flight box. It costs twice as much and isn't portable...

18. I have the magic flight box, its a different high for sure, puts me right to fucking bed. Sometimes I can stay up for a while. When I first got it, it was a very strong high, and slowly transformed into a very strong burnt-out feeling, very much fatigue. I've been at vapor lounges and hit volcanoes, got high as a mother off those, used very little weed too. 

19. stick with bongs..i find the high i get from vaping doesnt last as long, though it is nice while it lasts.

20. Vapes are awesome. I wish I had one

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.