Convince a European!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Zylark, Aug 9, 2008.

1. #21 Zylark, Aug 14, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2008
    Hehe, who is snobbish and elitist again? You really think the US is the greatest country on earth eh? I'd call that snobbish and elitist. Also arrogant. And false by many standards, like life expectancy, literacy, education, health services, trade etc. I think you are forgetting that the US ranks pretty low amongst western states in all those categories.

And you seem to think the US have saved Europe a few times. Sure you've helped, but WW2 was won by Russia (Soviet Union) by any objective standard. The western powers (UK and US) ran interference in the ETO of that war, whilst the Russians actually fought it. Hell, the entire reason for german aggression in that war was to secure "lebensraum" in Slavic terretories.

So get off your arrogant nationalistic "Fatherland über alles" attitude, and deal with the fact that US policy right now is a farce. That US elections are a farce. And I don't really see the current election change much of that situation.

And I have yet to be convinced that real change in american politics is possible, without some major popular upheaval at least. I really don't get how you tolerate it.

That is a good point, and I agree for the most part. But nonetheless, there are rather large european countries as well that do quite good. Germany for example, which is a republic, a federation of states much like the US. And they do have a representative democracy, not a flawed two party semi-democracy.

And no, Norway is not an EU member. Probably never will be, since we don't really need to. But we are a member of the EU economic zone. Sort of like an extended free-trade agreement.

2. Well you certainly need to read up on you war history, so you think that we were at best running interference for the Russians?

Who kept the Russians at bay during the cold war? Oh i know it was the mighty Norwegian army huh? The United States was just there as a decoy huh?

Your right by arguing with you i broke my own rule.....
    "Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience".
    You beat me with your experience.

3. #23 bigred420, Aug 14, 2008
    What has happened is, The USA has become so large that money has been able to drive politics and the two parties are determined less by the ideology of it's people but how the money flows so to speak.

The main amount of money that has gone to the Obama campagn has been from wall street the liberal money thinkers. McCains has been tied to energy industry, which goes to show, the two party system in the US has fucked over it's inhabitants and sold themselves to big business.

That has been my observation into the issue. That is how the two party system works in the US.

Budda, you started the arguement with stupid comment, no need to call him snobby, he was just trying to spark conversation, and you damned him calling him a snob. Grow up old man.

4. America is the best country on earth and I'm proud to say it.

Others may have different opinions.

But my patriotism tells me that the USA is the greatest country on earth and no European can tell me otherwise.

5. As i said i broke my own rule by letting him bait me.

6. i came here willing to be a regular but ...no..I'll pass....

ps. you do know that too much patriotism can turn into ethnocentric ideals easily...right?

and one more thing....

are you guys really going to debate if USA is the best country in the world for real??
    i mean all countries have their + and their - ...
    you cant debate that..its logic... we live i reality ,not in utopia...

plus shitty goverments dont equal shitty countries..if so..then all countries are shitty..just some have more power to show so...:rolleyes:
    and I'm sure that if Egypt or Greece or Brazil or any country had that power ,they'd do the same..politicians are avaricious everywhere..

I am strongly against Bush's policies(and former policies actually) but a country is not just the politicians... in my mind ia country is her people,traditions,inheritance etc...so dont hate..:)

anyway..just my 5 cents..now I'm out of here before the "shootings" start...:p:bolt:

oh and yeah Russia or better S.U. did played a great role in the WW. outcome but the USA did too(as many other countries too btw/read history people...)

have a nice day politic debaters:wave:

7. In WW2 and the ETO (European Theatre of Operations) the US was a small, albeit crucial, player. In europe that war was mainly a conflict between Germany and the USSR. It was why that war started to begin with. Germany wanted to expand eastwards. The western front was just an effort by Germany to have their backs free when taking on the USSR.

If you want to a have a dick-measuring contest on knowledge with regards to WW2, bring it on.

First off, we were not discussing the Cold war. You left a comment that without the US we'd now be eating sauerkraut and going "heil". Since you can not defend that position, you now run off on a red herring, to distract from your previous failure.

Oh, and FYI, the Soviets liberated northern Norway during WW2. And when peace came, what did the Soviets do? They pulled out. The USSR/Russian empire have never had designs on conquering Europe. Throughout history though, various european states have tried to conquer Russia.

Furthermore, guess what came first, NATO or the Warsaw pact? The US didn't "protect" europe during the cold war. The cold war was predominatly a conflict between the US and Soviet Union. Not europe and the USSR. As such, europe was just conveniently placed in the middle of two superpowers. It was a buffer for both the Soviets and the US.

You seem to be very comfortable calling others names. In this thread alone you've called me snobbish, elitist, euro-trash and idiot. The last twice.

In reality though, you do not know how to construct a good argument, so you resort to immature play-ground tactics of namecalling. Such ploys do have a tendency to fall back on yourself though.

For one thing, people won't take you seriously. I know I don't.

---

Blueend:

You didn't expect a political forum to be all roses and harmony eh? :D

But your right in most of your previous post. All countries do have good and bad things one can say of them. And shitty governments do certainly not equal shitty countries.

Using the US as an example, and my own POV. I'm not hiding that I think the current US administration and political system is myoptic, inept, corrupt and basically a threat to world stability. But that is not the same as me saying the US is a shitty place in all regards. Far from it. I much admire your constitution and bill of rights. I wish more countries, my own included, would have a similar strong foundation to the workings of the state and the rights of its individuals. And speaking of individuals, I find the american populace to a large degree to be warm, inviting and just all-round good people. Their heart is certainly in the right place. And I am a big fan of US culture, including fast-food :p

But ofcourse, you got your narrowminded bigoted super-nationalist born again religious zealot indoctrinated gullible sheep that piss in the well of everything that is good. You're not alone in having those, far from it, it just seems you got so many of them compared to what I'm used to around here.

But that might be because of your 1st Amendment. Our local nutcases isn't as vocal, and for good reason. So I guess the good (freedom of speech) comes with the bad (bigots using it). And I wouldn't have it any other way :)

8. Nice basketball game we had there huh?
    :D

9. #29 blueend, Aug 14, 2008
    you quoted me to say this??for real??

YEAHHHHHH !!USA WON THE GAME!
    !!!FUCK YEAHHHHHHH!!!!!THE BEST COUNTRY IN THIS FUCKIN UNIVERSE!!!!:metal:

[​IMG]

happy now patriot??:rolleyes:

edit: that was my 1000 post???damn...you deutschback..its all your fault....^_^ J/k

and seriously talkin ,yeah it was a nice game but this belongs to another section ya' know..but all in all,yeah it was a great game.

10. first..no i didnt expect that..but i didnt wait for...anyway....nevermind...

secondly...

are you sir talkin about Greece's constitution and bill of rights??
    because thinkin that that's what you admire, you sure gave me a great laugh...:D

theres no such think as democracy even in countries that "are" democratic...

democracy=δημοκρατία

δήμος + κράτος=

people /δημος meant the political active citizens in ancient greek during the golden century.

+ strenght/rule,during this era now..now κρατος means state.just the evolution of the word itself shows alot...but anyway..

this means that people have the power....where exactly did you see that??because if you think that because a country is democratic this may happen...you should re-check your sources...:wave:

actually people nowdays in democracy are represented by politicians they vote(which are always more or less the same asses with a few exeptions). now considering you have to vote..its a dead end...also consider that two parties are always elected and the rest fight for more chairs in the parliament.

plus...citizens are not active in taking decisions because they are "represented"..and trust me , laws that people didnt wanted and protested against (and might be anti funtamental in a few cases)were voted by the parliament not just one time.

i havent lived outside greece to experience another constitution but trust me... a democratic one wont change the world enough...

what we need is a revolution.a world wide one.
    but this aint happening either ...:rolleyes:

11. #31 PhoenixInFlames, Aug 14, 2008
    Zylark, welcome to a thing called POLITICS AND VOTING. Why are you acting like some mother fucker talkin all like "OHHH POOR AMERICANS" You think America is the only place where people dont like either candidate? Guess what, your country is just a bad, so the fact that you try to one up yourself by trying to look like some europeon punk looking on at us from the sidelines judging us on stupid shit that applies to your country as well. Basically all IM saying is you're a piece of eurotrash, and someone needs to recycle your ass! BLIZAM.

Dont you have some issues of your own to deal with? Nothing changes with eurobitches who are so OBVIOUSLY jealous of the US. THey can never shut up, always bitching about America one way or another. Guess what its not going to make your bitch of a country any better, sorry, Mr. Eurodouche.

CHEERIOMATE

Name calling and blatant disrespect is against the rules. From the looks of things you have had many warnings in the past. - Liquidtruth

12. I didn't know there was so much resentment towards Europeans :confused:

So we're different from them, so what?
    Every country has good things about it and every country has bad things too.

Spend a year in one random country around the world and you'll realize it's just like home ..a lot of good things, some bad.

One thing I can't understand though is why Americans aren't allowed to praise their own country. Everyone else is allowed to say their country is the greatest country in the world but when Americans say it they're told they're being arrogant. Why is that?

13. Yes I am and it was a good game

Anyways as I see it both places have haters towards each other and then one attacks one then "Europe sucks" "America sucks" stuff starts. I have lived in both the US and Germany and they are both great places with very different cultures. I will always be partial to the US but Germany is a special place for me too.

14. since when do i hate you?
    one post of yours is too little for me to hate you.. anyway..

and i never said that neither europe or usa sucks... i actually said that none country sucks and that i am against goverments and not against countries(because a country is not the goverment)..

and after that i was flaming at the democratic system,which cant make me a hater cause it was not directed in usa as you dont have that system...

so what's your point...?:confused_2:

I'm glad you're happy though..patriot.... :rolleyes:

ps. dont take it personally..i am generally ironic and sarcastic..i just cant help it...and as you see i resisted uploading a pic of the movie the patriot....:smoking::p

15. Lol not taken personally.

and it was just a statement in general to the whole thread not just you. I have been to Greece before it's a beautiful country.

16. then why do you quote me if it is for the whole thread
    and i feel i have to answer..:poke:
    I'm really high right now ..you should feel for other stoners..

*all this energy went to typing ,damn..*

lol j/k:p

uuh.you have? I'm thinkin of coming soon to the usa as well..:wave:

ok I'm leaving out of here before i turn this thread into general..

boys and men..you can keep "flaming" at each other now...

17. Oh great, another one who do not bother to read what I write, but just assume that since I am critical of some aspects of the USA, it's political system in particular, I automatically hate everything that is US and think everything european is just perfect, or at least much better than the US.

Oh no, do not read what I write. Instead just go off and call me names. One cannot afterall go into a discussion where one examines with a critical eye the US of A, because that is unpatriotic. No, in such cases it is much better to just throw shit around. That is the pinnacle of patriotism!

Keep it up though, you might get a reward from the G.W.Bush Institute of Moronics. Or, you could read my last post once more. Carefully this time, and perhaps realize that you owe me an apology.

---

And blueend, no I was talking about the US constitution, not the Greek. As it says in my last post "Using the US as an example...". But I mixed up my nouns, using "the US" here and "yours" there. I'll keep my nouns more on a strict leash If I remember too. Not always easy :smoking:

18. I'm sort of glad I never got included in this thread.

.... oh no! what have I done?!

ARRRRGH!

19. #39 blueend, Aug 14, 2008
    so your nouns...<my extra typing....

oh dear..

if you remember?
    please remind me not to start any not-chat conversation with you again..lol j/k /or not rly.

20. Hey Zylark, do you like the fact that no one actually tried to convince you of anything?
    we all kinda missed the point of the whole thread actually :rolleyes: