Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Converting to vape, had a few questions

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by NugsNotPugs, Jul 4, 2018.

1. As someone who has been smoking regularly since college and going on thirty, several people have been asking me to switch from smoke to vape because its "healthier" smells less and saves money. Originally as a stubborn person, I stuck to my nice glass on glass TAG water pipe until I went to Florida for vacation/work. While in Florida the only thing I could get were these little capsules and my brothers friends Pen they screwed into, I loved it immediately! I went through a cartridge in the first week and his friend got me another for $30 and I started to think man, maybe I could switch to pure vape, it was more mellow, could be done in public, and lasted long for the buck considering I usually spend around $160 for a half in my home state where its not legal, spending $60 for the same span seems like a huge money saver.. Only one problem... My home state is not legal and there are no dispensaries to buy said capsules from...

I have done some research and I guess you can get wax pens but those you put the dabs right in, not capsules. Plus it seems these are more for a few tokes or one session rather than a cartridge you slowly chief away at for a week.

I have a friend who can get ok oil/wax but he can't get capsules, so am I stuck with the wax pen or is there still hope for a pen with capsules working for me?

2. I live in a legal state and cartridges suck overpriced and too weak and taste yuck.stick to shatter and wax buy a boost type enail.

3. Thanks for the tip, I also hear they can have dangerous dissolutes in them, may be spelling that wrong. The boost looks nice but I am looking more for something I could bring out to the beach or to epcot when I go to Florida. Are there any wax pens that look like a regular vape pen, hit well, and last more than a few tokes per load?

I want something I can chief on for a few hours (20-40 puffs) before reloading, any wax pen out there that can do that while being discreet and I'm sold.

4. I tried the pen/wax/liquid thing a couple times and was not impressed, not to mention the risks including the battery blow-up issues occasionally seen in cheap chinese pens. Get a high-quality flower vape and just keep using the same black market source. I believe that will be your best solution, under the circumstances.

5. Yes ecig mods modded for oil the tank you want ceramic coils no wicks warm up the shatter before pouring in tank.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. WizSteve thanks for the help, got a Yohan Magneto and love it! Has a built in dab tool, ceramic cube and hits like a champ. One drop of “honey” makes like 8-10 nice rips and with a built in silicon container at the bottom of the pen you can reload on the go so it’s perfect for what I was looking for!