Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Conversation starters to tell dad I smoke?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by BluexLotus, Jul 17, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Okay, so I've been doing a lot of googling seeing everyone's ways of telling their parents they smoke. Sorry if it's annoying that I'm adding onto the 420000 threads on "coming out" as a stoner but my situation is a little bit different and I just have so much anxiety over it. My parents and I are very close and they're not against marijuana. I have this huge anxiety about telling them I use it recreationally, I've been smoking weed for about 3 years now. My dad smokes, he was a part of the 60's stoner generation so I don't even have to advocate for it lol thank god, they're just so proud of their high school drop out son who is doing really well and "doesn't drink or do drugs".
    I have been super on edge about just blurting it out to them because I feel like telling them will clear my guilt and make my smoking experience more enjoyable so I don't get scared of getting caught.

What would be something easy and casual to drop? I was thinking something along the lines of "I wanted to tell you first because you actually know what it's like.."
    Thanks!

2. Why tell them at all I mean what do you honestly expect to happen if you do? It sounds like they're not really going to care. I feel like you're over thinking it. If you do tell them you might as well just straight up tell them and let them know why you do it. I mean if you parents smoke I'm sure they won't care.

3. Yeah I'm definitely over thinking it no doubts, I just want them to know so I can feel at ease to smoke at home and such. I just can't seem to break the barrier to get it out.

4. Could always just spark up a joint in front of them and see what happens

• Like Like x 3
  5. drop the fear, stick with your good intention of sharing with them and allow it to happen naturally

6. Your dad smokes. If he knows that you know, bring him a nice fattie, and hand it to him. "Here dad, check out this fire". Guaranteed conversation starter.

• Like Like x 1