Conversation I had with a cop

Discussion in 'General' started by infiniteawesome, May 1, 2006.

1. fidel castro called...he wants his revolution idea back.

blah blah blah everyone hates the cops until theyre being robbed at gunpoint/broken into/having their car stolen etc.

the world rasta?

2. Ya hur.

Okay, maybe that was a slight exaggeration. There would be alot of support if the US Citizens said "fuck you" to the american government. The globalized military may be different, especially considering Canada's current Prime Minister, but most people i've talked to outside the U.S. think they're do for a revolution.

3. hmm, I was going to say thank you giant swearing Batman, lol.

4. BAM!!! ZOWIE!!! OOOF!! SHIT!!! FUCK!!! KABLAM!!! BITCH!!! OWWWWWW!!! :D :D :D

5. I was adding to what your said that if they went for old cops, that'd be pathetic. Not hatin on you man.

6. Eh... this happens to me a lot. When I drink I kind of get carried away with posts like that... and well, that post was right after me drinking 20 shots of rum.

I do not believe that there's a non-violent solution to everything. There maybe a non-violent response to everything, but not every response is a solution. Civil disobedience works with superficial laws and such like prohibition but in all honesty... there's way too much power/money to be lost and gained by those affilliated with the U.S. government for them to let the public take control. If they see you as a SERIOUS threat, you are a dead man.

I have a buddy who's dad found the cure to cancer... a week later several men from an unknown government organization picked him and his family up, moved them across the country, discredited his ideas and they now pay him a decent yearly salary for keeping his mouth shut. That's how this place works. This guy won't even tell his family what he found in his research because if he doesn't keep his mouth shut they're taking him out. I'm a little scared posting this, but it's the truth. Knowing this isn't going to change anything.

7. aw, comon now, the world would be hell if there werent cops.
    think about it, there would be no order at all. enforcing the laws about marijuana doesnt make a cop a dick, it just makes him a good cop. yes, a cop can be considered a good guy for letting a pothead off, but if everyone did then they might as well not enforce any laws. and that would suck.

8. yeh, I'm drunk right now. Despite this, let me say that there is hope. If that same person who found the cure for cancer were to post flyers across America as fast as he could, most intelligent people would figure out that it couldn't be an ENTIRE hoax. Even if the corrupt government posted a notice saying it was false, there would be some who would question it.

In the movie, "American Beauty," the character Ricky says "Never underestimate the power of denial." This is true, but in this sense, the people's power of denial would help them to see the truth. Interesting eh?

9. Yes, but consider that one day, when people have enough sense and intelligence and sense of peace, that they will enforce their own sense of justice on themselves, and not look out for just themselves, but have a greater sense of their place in the world, their place as a productive and healthy human being. I am hoping that one day people will understand that they have the power to end corruption simply by enforcing morality and justice within their own day to day lives. It will take a long time, but ganja and other drugs are necessary for people to see the possibilities that the human race can have in terms of their own future. I hope you feel it too.

10. I believe that there's ALWAYS a non-violent solution to a problem, except, as I said, when violence should be met with violence. There are many instances when people will just make a knee-jerk reaction and go for the violence. It's basically instinctual. But we, as humans, don't run on basic instinct. We have the ability to reason, giving rise to the ability to negotiate a peaceful solution to any problem. I'm saying we have that ability. I'm not saying we use it. It's painfully obvious on a daily basis that we don't. But whether or not we reason our way to a non-violent solution, it's always there. We just have to look further than we're used to looking.:cool:

11. Some people, when they are trying to solve a problem, just think about violence right away. The correct way to solve a problem is to way the different solutions and pick the best one. But America is mostley full of stupid people. Pre thought out violence is wrong, very wrong. When you are in the moment violence may be acceptable.

12. First off, that is a completley unfair generalization that most Americans are stupid.

Secondly, who exactly arbitrates the morality of violence? Many people i know will tell you that violence is NEVER acceptable, even when directly faced with violence. Deciding that violence may be acceptable is no more "stupid" than pre-meditated violence in comparison.

It's all relative and subjective. That's what you fail to realize.

13. *applause* well said, rasta...

14. So your saying, Rasta, that violence is never acceptable. What if someone is whooping your 7 year old sons ass. Are you gonna wait for the authorities to show up??? Violence has been a part of society since way before "Jesus", Its not going away any time soon. No its not right, but sometimes violence has to be used, you cant always solve problems with hugs n kisses.

Oh yeah, I can call Americans stupid all I want. When I start talking shit on canada, you can say something.

15. All I recieved from that little story was the following; Your close minded because it seems that your intentions were to be negative towards the cop from the get go and that is pretty rude. Much lower than that of a harmless cop currently off duty...

16. I never said that.

Just this past St Patties day i bareknuckle boxed another guy for cash, there is a detailed thread about it, i posted it several minutes after the fight. I've been fighting people since grade school. I understand the use of violence in day to day life is sometimes unavoidable.

You're just advocating the 'correct' use of violence. Where is one to draw the line on this? Who is to decide where dimpolmacy ends and violences begins? Where it's warranted? Where is required for violence to become nessecary?

You just ridiculed the Americans for being too eager to jump to violence and being too 'stupid'. Then you advocated that it's nessecary sometimes. I may be confused, please draw the difference for me. And where is the seperation in morality between pre-meditated and in-the-moment violence. The outcome is the same, reasons are the same.

And just because I'm an not an American doesn't mean your generalization was any less ignorant or naive.