Controversial tattoo...

Discussion in 'Tattoo, Piercings and Body Art' started by AntonROUGH, Aug 28, 2011.

1. So my friend recently got a tattoo that says "white pride" do you guys find this racist? I know its questionable but the more i think about it, it really isnt that big of a deal. How about all the spanish/ latino people who get "latino pride".. Whats the difference? Just saying you have pride in your race..
    Keep in mind my friend was married to a black girl for like 6 years and also has 2 black daughters....

Just curious what everyone else thinks! :)

2. nah its the white power ones that usually piss people off

3. They have 2 black kids and are getting a 'white pride' tattoo? hahaha classic

4. W.p.w.w.

5. The words in itself, are not offensive.

But the social construct, (the meaning attached to the words put together) are offensive because unintentional or not, they call back to a slogan/a culture that encourages racist ideals.

It goes back to history and social constructs. White supremacists would use the term 'white pride' as a slogan, to communicate to others that 'we're so proud that we are white.. well that's our justification for mindless racism/crime anyway

I could sit here all day explaining why it's racist/offensive but one thing is so clear, that tattoo is damn stupid

• Like Like x 1
  6. He just takes pride in his ethnicity, what's so wrong about that?

7. Not racist in itself, but I dont know many that arent racists that would get that

8. Not racist, just stupid.

9. Not offensive except in being tacky.
    I guess its whatever but i don't want a tattoo that could double as a bumper sticker. I feel like body mods should be works of art.

10. It's racist. And it's racist when other races do it. How is this confusing to anyone really?

11. I think its a little offensive, or at least could see how somebody would look at it and think the person who got it is racist.

definitely not something I would get tattoo'd on my body lol.

12. Whats wrong with having pride in your race? Theres no direct statement towards any other race, or nothing saying white people are superior over any other race.

13. I had a white friend who got Irish Pride tattood on his arm. Said over the years it caused him a lot of problems because people would see one side before the other and assume stuff. Said he got into fights with racist people who would accuse him of being racist. Also said those people felt foolish later when they learned what it really said. He was not racist by any means, was even in a serious relationship with a black girl. He was one of those cool people that basically gets along with everyone and knows everyone everywhere he goes. Just said it wasn't worth the hassle in the end.

Coolest thing was when he went to Ireland, got the national symbol tattood on his arm and brought me back some Euros. Pretty cool dude.

14. Trust me i agree its nothing ide get.. Haha

15. #15 Vir Infractus, Aug 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2011
    Hey, I have pride in my race. I am not ashamed to be white. Fuck, Whites are responsible for more technological innovation than any other race in the last 200 years. But unfortunately the world is populated by retards who think that if you not ashamed to be white, then you are a racist. It's a fucking shame.
    However, I do think it's a trashy thing to tat on your body. It's more of a bumper sticker slogan.
    WPWW

16. stupid tat..

i bet if its noticable he will get confronted on it sooner or later

17. #17 mrgoodsmoke, Aug 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2011

Nothing. But advertising it on your body is a way to intentionally invite racial discourse, and to continue beating a horse that's been dead for 100 years doesn't seem like the kind of baggage I'd want to carry just to make that point. It serves no purpose other than to offend people, and I'm while I'm certain that your friend is an upstanding guy, I have to wonder why you didn't point out to him that something like 99.9% of the rest of people who have that tattoo are racist.

As a friend, you should have let him know that. People are going to think he's racist even though his tattoo is totally innocent. Right?

Give me a break.

18. Pride is like, one of the seven deadly sins, and even if you're not into that stuff, the reasons why still still stand. Shame is something we tend to avoid intentionally because it sucks to feel ashamed. Do you think that all people are either proud, or ashamed? Starting your argument w/ that tacit assumption kind of screams binary thinking. Ya know what I mean?

19. If I get a tattoo of something like a swastika on my forehead not because I'm a nazi but just because I think it looks neat, so I have a right to be pissed at the people who just assume I'm a nazi because of it and want to kick my ass?

It's like kids who grow long ass hair then go around bitching about how the world looks at their hair.

20. #20 AntonROUGH, Aug 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Im sure he will, its on his chest though.. So the whole world dosent need to see it.