Controversial FLATBUSH ZOMBiEs Music Video/Exhibition Directed by Mario Pfeifer “Blacktivist” is a visual sign of the times.

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Kaleidoscope3Y3s, Sep 20, 2015.

1. #1 Kaleidoscope3Y3s, Sep 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2015
    If your interested about modern society and the effect the media (especially music while in the trap) has on it, escalating gun violence, freedom of speech, the second amendment, consumerism, and the nation of television. It seems to gaining a bit of well deserved attention, take few mins to watch and it should hopefully interest you, the article below is sorta an explanation of about the creative process and why it is important to use real powerful footage for most of the video.

Personally I think its one of favorite music videos of all time, the art style, the message, and the relevance to these times just make it so good. I laughed when I noticed the Isis symbol is replaced with the third eye charka symbol Then when they pulled that mask off I knew this is going to misunderstood most likely (I'm looking at you msm and gossip bullshit magazines). I love how they are attacking the media with there own weapon. I'd be stocked to go to that exhibition but sadly I'm stuck in NZ. I think these kinds of things actually gaining any popularity is an huge step and hopefully ignites the spark that is the beast coast. LOL and just for the fuck of it they released it on September 11.

"Flatbush Zombies make a statement with the new video for the track, “Blacktivist.” Through a series of news and video clips, the FZ's show a media onslaught of violence and negativity, depicting how images are beaten into the brains of the public. Directed by Mario Pfeifer, the visual is currently on display at Ludlow 38, an art space NYC's Lower East Side.

Conceived as a collaborative project, it reflects on police brutality, selective enforcement, and the right of self-defense. Scenes reminiscent of the aesthetics of conventional music videos come together with found footage, documentary shots, and 3-D animations to form a critical analysis of our times. At its core, #blacktivist asks how violence and repression are negotiated and reappraised in a supposedly post-racial society. The exhibition runs through October 25.

#blacktivist aims to take a stand on current events. The title refers to “black activist on activist,” the first verse of the song by the Flatbush ZOMBIES, which is followed by ambiguous references to everyday and consumer culture in the United States. In addition to delivering critical commentaries on the world of television, the lyrics reflect about the First and Second Amendments, which protect the right to free speech, freedom of religion, as well as the right to bear arms for self-defense. In the video, the conflict between armed self-defense and escalating gun violence are juxtaposed with the meaning of images and the power of the voice. Sequences of police violence taken by surveillance and body cameras as well as mobile devices show the escalation of the conflict. In other scenes, the Flatbush ZOMBIES perform in a 3-D animated world between digital hashtags, cinematic transitions, and chroma key landscapes, while addressing current events in world politics. The narrative culminates with the rappers being reborn as pacifist freedom fighters

Read More: Flatbush Zombies Show a History of Violence in “Blacktivist” Video - XXL | http://www.xxlmag.com/rap-music/new-music/2015/09/..."

I guess we are shifting to the progressive era of hip-hop

Fuck this ended up long, I shouldn't post on here when I'm really cooked and sleep deprived, sadly my eyes are glued [​IMG]wide open[​IMG] hopefully Mary can help a little[​IMG]

2. Got this verse stuck in my head stuck on repeat

[Verse 3: Zombie Juice]
    Rest in peace Steezy,
    Rest in peace Stevie
    Put the cup down, y'all niggas still tryna be he?
    No disrespect, but I know some of y'all
    Influenced by hip hop and take it shit too far
    No brains, man, just a slight change in plans
    Use the mic to rule and rock and choose to stand
    No cause ya flaws
    We truth that's all
    You could rap all you all you want with no message involved
    I'll bout out in grass meditate in Nepal
    I to pray to God God hear me or the devil I'll call
    I swear I said it before, y'all I ain't ready for war
    Misjudged, misguided, not a ounce of quitter
    Nah, true survivor
    Niggas do drugs but ya mind still basic, psychedelics wasted
    Time can't save ya
    Cop killer if ya wanna come up in my face with that nonsense
    Go Thrilla like Mike Jack, bodega be that nigga
    Been in a straight jacket
    Let my mind think backwards

3. Wow I was out there last night, a lot of uppers puts you up and a lot of downers put you down then a handful of mary on top and your stuck sideways and this is the result [​IMG]. Mods can delete if you want (I tried not to break any rules and I'm pretty sure I didn't) but I still think its a great song/video