Controversial Ads

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by intergalactic, Mar 20, 2011.

1. what's up GC

i am in need of ideas for the most controversial ads out there that for a paper. for example something like male model ads for clothing companies inflict many questions like the roles male have in society, such as not caring what clothes men wear, because men are too occupied with more important things. how we dress portray how we want to appear to others. half naked males with six-packs who model for underwear garment aren't even wearing the clothes, but rather advertising something much more than the clothes. if you wear this brand or this type of clothes you will attract women. if you drink this type of beer (a lot of beer commercials) you will be with these type of women. and the list goes on. something that is advertised that implicates something else, or just generally controversial ads. can pertain to race, obesity in america and how we frown upon it, meanwhile our media continues to portrays these "perfect" models, whatever. and if you would please, i would really appreciate your thought or any statement you would like to make about the ad as well.

thanks in advance!

2. I would say i would be a ad for controversy for my fish joke but oh well ^_~

3. Off the top of my head I would say Prescription Medicine. Did you know that in most countries it's illegal to market them on TV? The fact that some medicine can cause the very symptoms it is trying to relieve seems very fishy! Then you can go into Big Pharma, Tobacco and Alcohol and why it effects the legalization of MJ.

Edit: There are many things that can cure cancer naturally yet people are still spending SHIT LOADS of money with chemo and that shit looks painful! It's all about lining the pockets of Big Pharma!

4. #4 garrison68, Mar 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2011

I agree about the Rx medicine situation. A doctor that treats an elderly relative of mine says that he prescribes medications that have been proven over time to be safe and effective, but there are patients who demand the ones that they see on TV commercials, usually the newest types and, if he refuses to prescribe them, they change doctors until they find somebody that will give them the drug(s) that they want.

5. thanks blunt-man, sounds like a good idea, i'll ponder the idea.

anymore to come? i would really appreciate it. paper is due at the end of the week, and i haven't started yet.