Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Controlling Your Usage?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by 5cooby Doo, Feb 9, 2013.

1. How are you guy's with controlling your consumption? Personally I can't control it at all. If I have bud I smoke it.

It's either I'm toking it or it's a T-Break, which I can also manage. I just can't have it and not toke up.

2. Just resist it. Like right now, I only smoke at night. I resist the urge to smoke during the day.

3. try breaking it into even rations and set a time that youre going to smoke each one. or only grind up what youre going to smoke that day and ration whats in the grinder and any bud thats not in the grinder is off limits untill the next day. eather way just separate what youre going to use that day from the rest of your stash, otherwise you will tend to use more when you see all that bud in front of you

4. Best advice.

5. I really couldn't fight the urge to not smoke until I found a purpose of something to do with my life, and for me that was getting a start on my career.

6. I try to keep myself happy with only smoking a bowl every once in a while, but like you.
    If I have bud, I smoke it

7. The only time I have trouble with resisting is when i'm sitting home with nothing to do. Other than that i'm usually aces at making my weed last.

8. #8 CannabisKills, Feb 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2013
    If I'm on a low budget, I can easily conserve more which is the case right now. If I haven't smoked in a few weeks and I have no tolerance, and then I buy an eighth, I don't smoke two fat bowls, or larger amounts for two reasons: The first being that isn't conserving very well (assuming its two .2-.5 bowls), and secondly, that will cause my tolerance to greatly increase when I don't want it to be that high only after my first bowl or two, and especially since I'll make that eighth last me a week (I don't want to have a high tolerance, which requires me to smoke more to get high, when I have to make my bud last all week).

Basically I try to "postpone" a highly developed tolerance as long as I can by smoking smaller bowls (.05-.1) before my body naturally develops one, which as my tolerance increases this requires me to smoke more and then I'll adjust the amount smoked to make up for the lack of feeling high.

9. That's some good advice, but not my problem :eek:. I can divid it into x amounts and keep it for x amount of days (ex: half quarter and only smoke 0.5 a day or whatever). It's after I run out, I almost "Need" to toke again (mostly for pain).

The point I'm getting to is that half quarter divided into x days will not have a break. I have to toke x amount on the day I kept it for. Only time I will reach a T-break is if I can't get any more in which case I'm fine (after a few days of 'withdraws', the usual no appetite/sleep/etc) -then I will no longer want it and don't really care for it.

In other word's I can't be an occasional toker. Either I'm toking or I'm not. :smoking:

10. i can control it if like said above i know im on a budget

11. I pretty much just tell myself like "Okay self you're only gonna smoke one joint today in the morning and that's it." I'm pretty good at rationing it out if I can't pick up for a few days and I'm running low. However, I do smoke practically every day. I think I need to start setting some stricter limits lol.

12. i know how you feel, its just will power. Think about it as a reward, and the longer you wait to smoke the better it will be.

13. Just smoke your weed dude

14. i know how easy it is to send a whole quarter up in smoke within a couple hours of buying it especially when you have the cash to simply burn..

15. ^This. If you have a goal in life then it will make it easier to resist the urge to smoke. Think of bud as your reward for doing something productive and this will get you out of the habit of smoking for the sake of smoking hopefully. It works for me and for TheBigBadaBoom.

16. Use a one hitter

Much easier way to control how high you want to be and very good way to conserve bud