Controlling vertical space

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by chefjosh33, Jul 26, 2015.

1. I have a plant I'm regenerating and I'm also sprouting 5 plants right now. I want the 5 sprouts to flower with the one I'm regenerating. What's the best way to slow my big plant down vertically without stopping the veg growth? Its already been topped to hell also

2. #2 waktoo, Jul 26, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2015
    "Low stress training", or trellising.
    Do some forum searches. You basically bend the plant over sideways (slowly and gradually if the plant is already well developed), and train it around the perimeter of the pot. Dependent on how much floor space you have to work with, you can just bend it over and anchor it. Here's one way...
    http://www.growweedeasy.com/lst
    Initiating the training during veg' growth, it's very effective at controlling initial stretch during the beginning of the flowering period.

3. I know but I'm regrowing a plant that's already flowered so the stem is super thick and I don't think could be bent. All the new growth is coming from the very tips of where I harvested. I guess I could try and train the new growth more sideways

Attached Files:

5. You can break the stems as well they will heal with a knuckle

6. thanks I think I might try that.. just wanna slow it down a bit so my sprouts can catch up