Controlling Male to Female Ratio

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by op8man, Apr 30, 2007.

1. I had recently read in the Cannabis Grow Bible that you can control the male to female ratio by carefully controlling the envirement. By keeping the temp between 70-73 degrees during germination. Then continue through first three weeks. I decided to give it a test since my first attempt was so bad. On my first grow out of 20 seeds, I ended up with three little girls that I really didn't like any of their traits. So I ordered 30 seeds. 10 Northern Lights, 10 Afgan#1 and finally 10 White Widow. I had one control group which I allowed the temp to vary with normal day to day changes in a basement. Temp would run from 62 degrees in the early morn to 85 degrees mid day with MH lights. I then had a small cabinet which I placed two germination stations and set it up with a thermostat and kept the temp at exactly 71 degrees. Throughout the germination process and first four weeks. I used perfect starts for germinating and got 100% germination of 30 seeds. In the control group with large degree changes I ended up with 7 males and 3 females. Now for the amazing result. Out of 20 seeds total I ended up with one male. 19 females out of the 20 seeds started. Believe what you will but I will send photos if you don't beleive it. I don't think you can be this lucky every time but I DO think you can greatly increase your number of girls by tight temp and envirement control. By the way. The humidity was kept at 65 to 70 percent. I picked out the girls with the finest genetics. Stayed low and bushy with tight buds. I saved two afgan, two WW and 2 Northern lights. They are now my mommies and I have 15 clones that are now in thier third week of flower and looking good. I am really happy with the results. Thanks Greg Green and the Cannabis Bible. Top Pic is NL and bottom is WW

Attached Files: