Controlling fungus gnats!Gnatrol?

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by masterlights, Jan 18, 2012.

1. that is funny.how does the dunks kill the flying ones?

2. I just crumpled a few mosquito dunks on top of my coco and watered. I also threw one in a pan of water and set in the bottom of the tent for good measure. I hung 2 fly catchers to get the flying ones. I hope this get rids of those fucks!

3. Sorry dude. Don't know.

Best thing to do is keep your area totally clean.

I have used HotShot NoPest Strips in the past with AMAZING success. In 3 or 4 days I usually see nothing flying around. I keep the strip outside of my grow tent even... Probably not the safest thing in the world... But for what it's worth I have been using them for 2 years now to deal with gnats and I'm still alive...

4. damn, i have an INSANE gnat outbreak....there are probably thousands....guess which plants they are on? the clones. never buying from dispensaries again. Is there anything I can put in my coco to keep the bugs from even getting in and beginning to infest? I still have a month of flower and just spent $40 at orchard supply on that bayer concentrate, some of their organic spray, and mosquito dunks...i put 2 big crushed up dunks in each of the tops of the clone pots and then watered, then sprayed with their organic spray on top of that, then neemed the main stem around the base to hopefully keep them from climbing up the plant.

they have clearly over taken my blackwater though, it looks as if it started flowering 3 weeks ago, then never continued....there are literally hundreds of dead bugs on the sticky strips i laid down on the top of the pot, and all around the pot there are piles of dead bugs....

help me out dude?? im freaking out

5. Some people will cover the top of the media with sand to suffocate the larvae. I get also heard of using some hydrogen peroxide in your water, but that can stress some plants. Either way you gotta get rid of them before they destroy your roots then your grow is done.

6. I was going to use sand to get rid of my gnat problem, but ended up just cutting up and old pair of jeans and covered my soil. No gnats in my tent now, and it's been around a week. Very happy with the results :D

7. I suppose what ever works. Kudos.

8. have any of the products you bought worked for you so far?

9. Those mosquito dunks worked in 1 application for me.

10. i cant tell ya what will work, but i can tell ya what wont ... Gognats

Gognats will help control em but im almost through my 2nd bottle trying a few different application techniques and those little bastards just wont entirely disappear.

i have some dunks ordered, be here in a couple days, will report any success with this product after i try it out.

11. sometimes they dont "entirely disappear". im sure you will still see them here and there once in awhile.

just be sure to treat your media from time to time..... just to be preventive.

i never really get to nervous about the gnats unless i have very young plants/ seedlings around

12. I just got rid of A nasty gnat infestation using the old fashioned method....tobacco water.

13. this past wednesday i hit my plants with GoGnats for the first time...ill update tonight about how they look when the lights come on in a few hours....i was planning on hitting them again with it tonight regardless. already got mosquito dunks in there and not sure how much theyve really helped

14. how you make it? ill try it, i want these fucks gone for good ... :devious:

15. nicotine kills insects

16. all my gnats are now dead, and i had a BAD infestation.

GoGnats ftw! Going to apply once more anyways just for good measure in a few days

17. Tobacco water-
    1 cup tobacco
    2 quarts water
    Boil aprx 5 minutes. Let cool completely. Strain.
    Using only the liquid, you can then spray or water.

This can be used for most insect problems.

OR- you can buy Black Leaf 40 and follow directions. Black leaf 40 can be toxic to humans if inhaled or gets into open cut. Hence the reason I make my own.
    Sorry it took so long to get back to you.:)

18. yo misc :wave:, hows life in the stratosphere? has your double application worked out?, had any stragglers pop up trying to rebuild the population?

what mix u runnin, i bumped mine up too 8ml a gal mixed in dunk water and i "think" their all dead. :devious: but i aint carvin that in stone as fact just yet.