Control?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by Stoned Fox, May 15, 2013.

1. Do you think that partners should limit each others' activities and hobbies? Or should they be free to do as they please? (As long cheating doesn't occur.)

Are you the agressor or the submissive?

2. Free, why hold back someone you love from what they want to do?

Relationships are tough though so I can see how one spending too much time on something can cause some problems. Find the balance.

3. aslong as they don't kick it with other dudes who cares

4. I tell my bf he can't buy shit sometimes. But he asked me to do that... he's not good at saving money and I am. He needs to save up so he can move here so I will tell him when he's spending too much money.

If he wants to spend it, he will. I don't control him. I just help him not spend too much. I am more agressive in life but that's because I'm more out spoken than he is. My bf is dominant in bed though and I'm submissive (most of the time). So it balances out perfectly.

5. #5 shestones, May 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2013
    EDIT: this was a double post... I tried to delete it but I couldn't find the delete button...

6. If it's something that's detrimental to his/her health or your relationship then yes.  If it isn't life threatening or relationship threatening then leave it alone.  If it ain't broke, don't fix it.   I'll never understand the need of some partners to modify their significant others to suit themselves.  You knew what you were getting into before you made a commitment.  I'm not saying there shouldn't be some adjustments on both sides.  But there's a big difference between adjusting and modifying behavior.  Unless, of course, your loved one has a habit of shitting on the carpet.  Yeah, that needs to be fixed. 

You gotta learn to love someone warts and all.  

7. #7 Deleted member 42976, May 15, 2013
    Last edited: May 15, 2013
    wish i had that kind of gf....my gf thinks i have more money than i do. i go broke paying for myself, not even her. Then again she has a job and her mom will give her money when she runs out. she doesn't realize the value of money.

8. She'll get it once she moves out or her mom stops giving her money. I didn't get it when I was younger.

9. I don't think the partner should have any control over what their partner does or does not do. There's a lot of things that I like to do that my girlfriend doesn't and vice versa, but I'm not going to limit her on what she can do.

If a person is trying to control their partner, it just shows a big lack of trust, and without trust a good relationship just cannot exist.

10. I'm submissive so I like not being in control. However, I doubt that most people enjoy having any bit of their freedom taken away.

11. I like how most people think it's wrong to do.
    But what when it comes to friends? Do you think its acceptable forbiding someone to see their friends?

12. You can't help but to try to control your partner, and it's OK to do it, but don't go over the limit. 

13. My response to your question, OP, would depend on each specific situation. Sacrifice is an essential component to any healthy, successful relationship, however an unhealthy, or possibly even abusive, relationship may develop if one partner has too much asked of them. So, I would say if a partner doesn't like an activity you like to participate in, I would ask them why. If you are sympathetic to their reasoning or they seem quite passionate about the issue, you should want to please them and do what they want, but if it's something really important to you, it's important that your partner also respects your wishes. It's never ok for your partner to demand to approve everything you do or force you to stop doing anything you love.

14. let's be clear here. are you talking about a relationship based on an exchange of power, or a 'normal' relationship? seems like its the former but i'm not sure and everyone else is treating the question like the latter.

in a normal relationship i would think it's kinda messed up and selfish to forbid someone from having friends..having friends is natural and everyone wants friends. only if it was negatively the relationship in an obvious way then it should be discussed fairly and a decision agreed upon.

in a d/s situation i'm not so sure. i am not very experienced in this area. however as a sub, if my domme tried to forbid me from having friends i'm not sure i'd be able to accept that. of course i would want to do what she wants of me but if the end result is a total lack of a social life, i think i would end up unhappy and feeling like i was just being abused emotionally instead of controlled lovingly.

15. It's for any relationship but this covered it all basically.

16. #16 zigzagAbuser, May 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2013
    I don't think anyone should have any control over activies or hobbies or anything for that matter. If I want to go to a party and she doesn't want to come, I should be able to go without questions asked, OK. If she wants to go and I don't want to, OK. If she wants to go and she won't let me come... what the fuck? There's no control, just reasonableness. If I want to build something or work on something... no, she's not limiting how long I work on it or when... I'm doing it when I want. Same goes for if she would like to do something and when.

I'm an agressor...I am submissive as well... one doesn't contradict itself, just sometimes I take control and sometimes I'm cool with it if you take control. Even if I am in an agressor state, I'm still open to your suggestion and will agree to disagree type of deal.

17. I'm actually going to be having a conversation tonight about what he's not going to be doing anymore.

There are certain things that you can definitely say, "You're done with that shit, or I'm out" and then there are times where you just have to sit back and let them do what they want, even if it's sacrificing time with you.

18. ive been with my girl all day today. from 2-3 pm til 11:30.
    she left about 15 minutes ago...and i cant believe how much farts can ur body hold. i literally been farting nonstop lol.
    i dont know if this is related to the topic, just had to get it off my chest

19. They shouldn't limit to be mean.

i'm more of a sub

20. I think it depends.