control from above/beyond..

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by oritu, Aug 13, 2011.

1. ..Dont want waste time.. So..
    after reading such authors..as..Llyod Pye & Michio Kaku..
    ..& dipping my feet into Astral travel...
    ..my question is ...
    ..How do you or anyone one of us know what the hell is going on ?
    Sure..we can accept Darwin... or accept Pye, & the like..
    ..but.. where does that leave the average ( by which I mean ... the good people of planet Earth ) person...
    Our galaxy is a big fucking place, not to mention the Universe, ...so..how can anyone of us know the truth ? ..& dont give me any PC bullshit..we all truly know that ..we dont know shit..but..can we know at least something..surely there are answers out there ?
    ..take care..
    PS..dont get me wrong..I'm just a fuck up..looking for something !!

2. Anyone who sincerely looks will always find something.

The answers you seek lie within not out there.

3. I'll post something I posted in my thread a few days ago...

Sikh
    As fragrance abides in the flower,
    As the reflection is within the mirror,
    So doth thy Lord abide within thee,
    Why search Him without?

Vedas
    Hindu
    There is one Supreme Ruler, the inmost Self of all beings,
    who makes His one form manifold.
    Eternal happiness belongs to the wise,
    who perceive Him within themselves - not to others

Jesus Christ

Being asked by the Pharisees when the
    kingdom of God was coming, he answered them,
    "The kingdom of God is not coming with signs
    to be observed; nor will they say, ‘Lo, here it is!' or
    ‘There!' for behold, the kingdom of God is within you."

Jewish
    There is no single substance existing in the world, whether it be that which we experience through the senses, or that which we perceive through the mind, which is not comprised in the Creator. Everything emanates from Him. Therefore, what we know as contrary, or unrelated in Him, are but one unified Substance.

Hindu
    Think that you are Parabrahman, you have noattachment,
    you are all-knowing and you are pure. Always feel like
    this and establish your oneness with the Paramatman
    and derive bliss within yourself without caring to
    know what is outside of you.

There are more...it was pretty long....the bottom line is what esseff said and also that there is the One Spirit...common to all religions....but dont believe in dogma....just give a chance to exist in your heart and it will reveal Itself....but until then you will not be able to percieve It....and no one can 'give' It to you, only point the way...you have to find It in yourself.

4. ..thanx...guys/gals..
    .. Your right.. One, must find what one has to find..
    ..by which I mean.. only you ( YOU ) can find what truth rests within you.. & how to proceed..
    ..sorry to carry on ..but..what about our loved ones....
    ..I know it's up to them..but....fuck..I dont know how to put this..
    ..I'll try : I want to show that life isn't all about eating, shitting, & sleeping..
    ..& I know this is over simplifying the matter..I dont want to only look out for #1,as it were, ..surely there is something that can be said or done for our loved ones that wont listen to common sense ( again, as it were ).& again..I'm over simplifying the matter..
    ..but..I hope U can understand where I'm coming from..
    anyway..take care..

5. Define common sense.

6. The most you can ever do to change others, is to change yourself. Teaching by example is the only effective method.

7. I suppose that would depend on who we're talking about ?
    But..if we're talking about..well..let's say..the general population..
    ..than Common Sense would be..that which is 'the good' for everyone..
    ..so that all have a share in the progression of our species
    & can advance into some sort of life..that involves the betterment of the individual & the whole.
    So..if some people will only do what makes them feel good & say, basically, to the rest of the world..fuck you..how can I, or you, or anyone who wants to make this world a better place for all of us, say to somebody who only cares for their own needs ?
    Unless of course it dont matter about such people..& all that matters is what you, as the individual, does with life.
    ..take care..

8. #8 esseff, Aug 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2011
    But who should be the arbiters behind the ideas that we, the people, must accept as common sense? Who decides what is truly good for me or you or someone else? Are we sheep or are we individuals?

Many countries are involved in what they call a war on drugs. For whatever reasons they give, it remains illegal for me to grow a certain plant on my window ledge in order to partake in something I wish to use that has nothing to do with anyone else. I say using it benefits me, and many others like me, but I have to take the label of criminal in order to do something I feel is right.

Aren't I going against common sense? Shouldn't I simply bow to the will of those who clearly know better than me and live their idea of a good, law abiding life? Surely I'm being selfish in not following my society's laws?

Perhaps I ought to be expelled as an undesirable, as we once did sending people to Australia, and who's crime might have been they'd merely stolen a loaf of bread because they were hungry?

I don't mean to have a go at you or anything, and I hope you won't take it that way. We all need our ideas challenged from time to time ;)

9. ..don't worry about it esseff..no offence taken..
    ..& to your question about are we sheep ?..
    ..of course we are !! ..no matter which way you want to look at it !!..
    ..whether you are doing the 'mainstream bullshit' or the 'alternative bullshit' ...
    ..either way..what are you/we really doing ??
    ..this life is so complex ..who knows what the fuck is really going on ???
    I hear you on the 'war on drugs' thing ...
    Again..Common sense ...depends on who you ask !!
    ..just cause certain governments say you cant do this or that, does not mean that there is not any common sense to it. Would you say that the Nazi regime, or the Communists in Russia, China or Cambodia had any common sense ?
    Common Sense,at least in my humble opinion, is that which keeps you alive, well and feeling good...without fucking with anyone else.
    ..take care..