Contra-ganja.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Logick, Jan 27, 2006.

1. Has anyone ever heard of a "marijauana overdose"? Has anyone know anyone who gets violent when he or she smokes? Can pot get you so stoned that you stumble around and babble incoherently, drooling all over yourself?

What I would like to see is more consistency with the lawmakers who refuse to legalize marijuana. Is there some other agenda that they're not willing to admit, or are these politicians really that logically challenged? Pot is illegal. Alcohol is legal. This doesn't make any sense at all.

Just the other day , a student was found dead in his dorm room. Cause of death : alcohol poisoning.

And do these politicians realize just how many students drop out of college because of alcohol?

It doesn't make sense at all! Not at all.

I'm a bit stoned right now, so bear with my fragments. I'll come full circle. I always do. Like clockwork.

So why? Why do they do what they do? These people who make our laws. Can they not see what is obvious? That they lack consistency with their decisions? Alcohol is legal. Pot is illegal.

Alcohol is legal. Pot is illegal. Alcohol is legal. pot is illegal.

Now repeat that mantra over and over in your head a hundred times and you will transcend ego consciousness, and experience the essence of contradiction.

Of course, I'm only being silly here, as one doesn't need to spend much time seeing what is obvious. But have you ever thought just how vast the implications are for this contradiction that our lawmakers uphold?

I wonder if other aspects of their lives are riddled with similar double-standards that escape their notice. Surely, no person who, every now and then, honestly examines his or her motives can not see the obvious contradictions in their lives.

Are these politicians really that logically challenged? Are they "smart" only in their politicking? And dumb in other areas? Please tell me they have some other type of agenda. Please don't say that these lawmakers are really that brain dead that they cannot see what they're doing. Surely, they have another agenda. Surely, no one in office is really that brain dead. Alcohol is legal. Pot is legal. I shudder to think that anyone in office, that makes and passes laws for our safety and well being, is actually ubable to see this glaring contradiction.

That's quite scary. I'd rather think that they at least knew what they were doing by keeping it illegal, and were smart about it, rather to think that our national security is handled by men and women who have trouble recognizing an embarrasing double-standard when they see one.

2. ur stoned? u got some writing skillz there. and yes politcians are logicly challanged and have thier own agendas, but once they all die and we get some new gen people in there, pot will be legal.

3. Alcohol is legal. Pot is illegal...

There are various reasons for this. Alcohol was embedded into the American culture long before the western world knew about Marijuana. Once it was introduced into American society it was used and consumed by a small fraction of the population. In the last decade, pot's popularity has grown and continues to do so but is still seen as nothing more than 'dope' by the majority of Americans.

Pot's image has not been helped by Uncle Sam. Time and again the government has brought forth anti-pot campaigns. Many of which contain erroneous or exaggerated facts about the plant and tetrahydracannibinol. You can plainly see the contrasting views people have of pot and alcohol. Many do not even believe alcohol to be a drug...

Funny, is it not? That most people see alcohol as acceptable and yet it kills more people a year than pot has ever killed since it's introduction in the early part of the 20th century...

4. Realizing the irony of marijuana laws is only the first step.

5. Its more than just the contradiction, its insane how adverstised and promoted alcohol is. Alcohol has been called "the most dangerous drug known to man" in terms of societal impact.

www.drugwarfacts.org

"On an average day in 1996, an estimated 5.3 million convicted offenders were under the supervision of criminal justice authorities. Nearly 40% of these offenders, about 2 million, had been using alcohol at the time of the offense for which they were convicted."

Deaths in the US per year...

<table class="ridged"><tbody><tr><td align="left"> Tobacco </td> <td align="right"> 435,000<sup>1</sup> </td> </tr> <tr> <td align="left"> Poor Diet and Physical Inactivity </td> <td align="right"> 365,000<sup>1</sup> </td> </tr> <tr> <td align="left"> Alcohol </td> <td align="right"> 85,000 <sup>1</sup> </td> </tr> <tr> <td align="left"> Microbial Agents </td> <td align="right"> 75,000<sup>1</sup> </td> </tr> <tr> <td align="left"> Toxic Agents </td> <td align="right"> 55,000<sup>1</sup> </td> </tr> <tr> <td align="left"> Motor Vehicle Crashes </td> <td align="right"> 26,347<sup>1</sup> </td> </tr> <tr> <td align="left"> Adverse Reactions to Prescription Drugs </td> <td align="right"> 32,000<sup>2</sup> </td> </tr> <tr> <td align="left"> Suicide </td> <td align="right"> 30,622<sup>3</sup> </td> </tr> <tr> <td align="left"> Incidents Involving Firearms </td> <td align="right"> 29,000<sup>1</sup> </td> </tr> <tr> <td align="left"> Homicide </td> <td align="right"> 20,308<sup>4</sup> </td> </tr> <tr> <td align="left"> Sexual Behaviors </td> <td align="right"> 20,000<sup>1</sup> </td> </tr> <tr> <td align="left"> All Illicit Drug Use, Direct and Indirect </td> <td align="right"> 17,000<sup>1, 5</sup> </td> </tr> <tr> <td align="left"> Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs Such As Aspirin </td> <td align="right"> 7,600<sup>6</sup> </td> </tr> <tr> <td align="left"> Marijuana </td> <td align="right"> 0<sup>7</sup></td></tr></tbody></table>
    ^^^^^^^^^^ hmm.....