Continuesly falling into a pit of depression

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Grandsouls, Sep 30, 2017.

1. Solve it or distract yourself. Meaningless sex is better than no sex. Drug induced happiness is better than no happiness.
    Get a purpose in life though. Save money for a car, get a six pack , start working out or collect STDs.
    The simple hedonistic pleasures stopped me from killing myself back in the days.
    Consulting a shrink is probably better than smoking a joint though. Or maybe not? You'll see that next time in ancient aliens. Lol I'm stoned

2. Dude! First thing you must recognize, you're not alone.
    One secret to defeating depression, is to deny it all times. I'm not saying to pretend like you don't have your reasons, or to pretend to be happy. There is a neutral zone in the emotional spectrum, you have to find yours. Happiness fades in a single day. While depression and sorrow is extended into three days. Any day you feel depressed, will most likely keep you depressed, and for every moment you stay there, will be extended for another three days. Gratitude is hard when you feel that you are alone in what you feel. Let me just tell you one thing i had to learn the hard way, NO ONE WILL EVER, I MEAN EVER, UNDERSTAND YOU BETTER THAN YOU! So don't listen to no one who says they have you pegged or subjected. As Game of Thrones says, "Lions don't busy themselves with the opinions of the sheep." Recognize your truth, recognize your life. There are only three things in life that we need, consumption(food and water), shelter, and love. Why love? Because without it, our lives will be essentially meaningless. Self-pity is a vicious circle, hell i still enter that mode from time to time. So let go of yourself if you need to, and don't focus on the opinions of others, but rather focus on the way they value themselves and how honest they are with themselves. You'll find most people don't know their own worth, it's either always over-estimated or under-estimated. But you have to not be withdrawn from society, once withdrawn, it's hard to step back in. You have to deal with people at least a little bit, just so you can remember or to learn their virtues or rather the common collective virtues. And never, think yourself inferior or superior. The founding fathers, had their ideas, obviously not implemented correctly. All of humanity is created equal in the eyes of the Creator. But they left out the concept, that it's not for equality of wealth or material equality. It's spiritual equality, which lends toward the notion for the sake of equal opportunity for all. Never has it been implemented. You see, what I'm alluding to is, regardless of whether it has been implemented or not, the rule of thumb i follow is: "Do not interfere with anyone, so that they may not interfere with you." ;and likewise "Only interfere with people's lives, if they're doing themselves harm, or harm to anyone else." Good luck man, i hope you get better!

• Like Like x 1
  3. That was solid too my buddy, thanks

4. #24 Grandsouls, Mar 7, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2018

You have much more valid & valuable information than any therapist I have seen ( Iv seen way to many...) has to offer, as well the morals and mind set behind it.
    That was an amazing read thanks buddy I needed that today.
    And one thing people need to realize as well, is getting out go meet people etc is I’m stuck like I work 12-14 hr days ( line cook, ) and other 2-4 are walking my dogs my gems, only things that keep me sane.
    Going out isn’t so much of a option for me and I love being a cook/chef it’s a escape from reality an society no longer exists, all my problems don’t exist there it’s my world. But once I leave and enter back into this “life” it just hits me like a brick wall.
    BUT lately my jobs have been shit forced to serve food I am not proud of no passion no drive no love. Just shit food. I hope to get on with someone soon who can apprentice me I hope it works out I guess we will see but yah, when I started in the kitchen I had a tiny light in me that was fading quickly and when started to cook it was like every day my boss and co workers and customers threw a log onto that fire and it grew bigger and bigger since I moved two years ago no one has any pride here in restaurants so dull so passionless, dead bored no love no drive. Bunch of unmotivated slobs that just think there top shit and have no idea what the fuck they are doing and have no idea how to cook I’m so done with this amateur bullshit. Then on top of that my actual life is shit and falling apart. And I’m losing my one thing that keeps me motivated to wake me up in the morning, urg I need change I need it quick as there is no more fire just embers slowly getting pissed on

5. Sounds like ya need time for yourself and loved ones. Hard to do these days because survival is #1. Have you opened up about how u feel to your significant other and let er know how ya feeling lately?

• Like Like x 1
  6. #26 Grandsouls, Mar 7, 2018

No, not directly she knows I’m strugglin and kinda in a slum. But every time I do she thinks I’m accusing her or something an gets angry. I don’t know man...
    edit: which makes my mind wonder even more like what did you do to make you think I’m accusing you of something why are you so defensive over it... what are you hiding then
    I just want my old life back in my house and working with proud chefs, proud high quality food, hang out after work drink chill talk.
    And cooking is the only thing I know I have no schooling I dropped out when 15 moved out 16 years old, I can’t start anything else it’s all I got, not complaining but it’s all I got to offer it is all I know

7. Yeah change is hard man. I use to have a really good job but got hurt and ended up with a shit job and when I stood up for myself they fired me. Now I got two part time jobs that I really like but my income has been cut in half.
    I’ve got a wife that’s really supportive and understanding but I don’t use her the way I should. I just deal with it myself because she doesn’t know how to help me get out of a funk.

8. Yah if I just stayed where I was 25$ hour cooking good quality food proud food, fucking hate myself.
    Now working insane hours for like you half the money. It’s bullshit I don’t even want the money anymore I just want to be proud of myself again and put out food I’m proud of.
    At lease your wife supports you, I don’t even know if mine ever once told me she’s proud of me I can’t even remember last time she told me she loves me, & every time she does it’s so fake and bull. I’m so broken right now there’s a bridge 3 blocks away calling my name every night. Have no pride no love no support.. nuthing only thing keeps me holding on is my dogs, that I can’t even care for properly anymore because I have to work insane hours to make ends meet. Once you fall into the sand it sucks you in quick and who knows when the last breath is maybe it will be quick hopefully

9. I know it's hard, life changes, often times for the worse is what i notice. Life is a uphill battle, we all lose at the end, doesn't mean we get to stop fighting. And the truth is? The things we loved, we took for granted, we lose for a reason and wish for it back. But sometimes its better to let go of our ideal life, and be as grateful as much as we can for the little things we have left. And hope for the future, that maybe things will get better. Never, ever, hope for things to go back to the way they were, because they will never. It's a cliche i know, but they say, "Sometimes you got to let go of the old to embrace the new."
    edit..
    I find that in this life, like most other's, suffering is going to happen more often than joy. And it will always outweigh it, on average. Justice exists in this world as much as we make it happen. Problem is, how much we can endure without pushing for justice. Because whatever we deal it, will likely also be dealt out to us. The strongest of us, can live without providing justice for themselves, and vengeance against others. Mercy, is given to the merciful. Mercy is the hardest path, but it's the only one that saves us all.

Such as the message here.

10. I appreciate it.
    But is there no like phony and or bullshit blinking in your head when you say things like that. Justice mercy etc, it’s so slow and depressing boring. No one has any balls anymore.
    Everyone wants justice and equality and fucking mercy I don’t want any of that nor asking for it, I’m being sobby self loathing dickhead and contradicting myself but like I just want to be proud of what I do again and I want the girl that once told me she loves me and looked me in the eyes and told me she loves everything about me and meant it.
    Everyone is so full of horse shit phony fake boring unmotivated pieces of shit with zero pride I’m so done with giving a flying fuck!

11. Could be the way she was raised me and my wife didn’t get a lot of love as kids so when we forget to tell each other it’s no big deal. Ruts r hard to get out of.

12. I know ... but we have no kids and she’s so happy when she’s with anyone else but me, Everyone makes her laugh hard and smile and she’s so cheerful around everyone and energetic... and every time I try to be happy and make her laugh she just ignores me or looks at me like I’m a tool bag. Everything changed so fast I don’t know how to deal with it.
    Every time we have sex she just had a look on her face like hurry up I’m doin you a favour. There’s nothin anymore and everything in life’s just crumbling away

13. #33 Grandsouls, Mar 7, 2018

5:10 - and on

14. Hey man when u smoke do u mostly smoke indicas

• Like Like x 1
  15. Indica sativa hybrids I’m in a non legal area dude I get what I get.. gotten quite a few sativas lately. But regardless whenever I smoke I just think shit tons I have adhd, when I take depressants my brain just goes mental. When life’s good and I’m happy I love weed when life’s down I just go in a mad racy thought pattern. Believe it or not stimulants like adderall and Ritalin Dexedrine etc.. they actually calm my mind... I’m fucked idk

16. Yeah I have ADD too. I think all day that’s why I only smoke indicas. They bring my mind to a normal pace and allow to function.
    Anyway I was going to say maybe switch to sativa, because when I smoke heavy indicas a lot I get really down and depressed. But if your in a illegal state I understand ya get what ya get.

17. Have ya ever thought of cuttin it off with ur girl. If your both not happy maybe being in a new relationship would bring some excitement to your life again.

18. Pretty much been in a very similiar mindset for about a year. It's not a one size fits all kinda thing and neither is the way out of it. It helps to understand depression and things that can make it more likely to onset and to counter them. If there's negative people in your life that you can remove from your life that helps.

People are going to hurt you and some people are going to help you but ultimately we live this life ourselves and it's a culmination of our decisions and circumstances that shape us. Things can always get better or worse. Either way the sun will rise tomorrow and the earth will continue to turn. We don't have a lot of time to live so there's no reason to do anything but try to make the most of it.

May sound like cliche shit that everyone's sick of hearing but that doesn't make it less true. Yesterday I heard someone say that people are best off when they have something to work for. Makes sense when you think about it. All the years of working just to survive. Now we've got all our needs at our fingertips (literally if you think about what you can buy on a smartphone) and so many people are miserable.

So maybe working towards something is just the thing we need. Either way keep your head up and keep walking the path of life. It may just take you somewhere you're glad it did.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Idk man. I mean like, I love her lots and blabla bla all that bullshit story I’m sure you can put the rest together.
    It’s just neither of us can leave financially, and we both have invested time money into rescue animals and dogs ( well no dogs where me there my babies ) but like idk maaaannn ! We both stuck kinda if you will..
    I think maybe I’m just wrong for her I can’t make her happy emotionally sexually your right though maybe I’m just not for her I love her to no end but she just doesn’t feel that Way I guess maybe I just need to accept that.
    And it’s not really her I am not a super lovey dovey guy but it just adds to the depression if you will.. life outside of this is going to shit and then come home can’t make my girl smile or be happy, even my dogs feel betrayed. Idk I just am done I don’t know what to do, kinda like a mouse stuck in a sticky trap. It’s all at a end but I refuse to accept it’s at the end. And every night the “voices” tell me nothing is right nothing is ok and I get into a frantic fucked up staight I feel like a crack head trying to nap.

In the end I guess.. I’m almost 24, I have almost 10 years cooking experience all of that I feel I threw all that into the trash, working dead end jobs with and for unmotivated slobby cunts that don’t know the first thing of this industry.
    My life at home falling apart and litterly my house it’s always a mess I’m a neat freak I have no time I don’t even remember last time I sat watched tv this website is like the only escape when I have time in between doing things . Sad.
    My dad tells me I’m a disappointment always tells me to go to college for a trade etc, fast back story when I was working full time living with parents and after I moved out I put my brother through 3 years of university, helped pay for my parents mortgage never got one thank you... and has the balls to tell me this shit so i kinda snap and just avoid my family..
    girlfriend idk what the fucks up. My dogs are not cared for the way I wish for them and I love them more than any human on this planet..
    I don’t know I’m at dead end completely I’m just praying for a change soon..
    one man in town who serves high end food and could apprentice me, and I can get my red seal ( Red seal chef) with him have a chance soon with him one or two nights a week, soon... just praying I can actually get a chance and make it with him I’m praying to a god every night that I don’t believe exists that he will make it work for me.. even just give me a tiny chance so I can prove myself

20. Yeah I’m 39 been there done all that. the one thing ya got goin for ya is no kids. Sit down write out what ya want outta ur relationship hand it off to ur girl suggest she do the same n have a talk to c if u two can have all that together.