Contemplating black holes

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Major Hit, Feb 27, 2022.

1. I am of the opinion that black holes are interdimensional portals. I think of near-death experiences where people are drawn through a tunnel at extremely high speed where they encounter non-verbal "energy" as guides. If there is such a portal in the universe, would it not be possible?

Your opinion?

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Observable phenomenon is they appear to be sucking in matter. Suns and such. So they do go somewhere else. Just where remains a question. The trouble is in passage you wouldn't make a decent smear on the bulkhead at the gravities you'd be subjected to. Hell your bulkhead would not make a good smear.

To get to there from here will require technology we don't yet possess.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Event Horizon.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  4. I think your opinion on black holes is based on fanciful thinking. There are 7 interdimensional portals in this galaxy, none of which are anywhere near a black hole.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Well, my opinion is as others are. Relative.
    I am interested to know where this information is on "interdimentional portals." This is actually the info I wanted. How is it known and proven that these are dimentional portals? If it is known, how?
    I believe the theories you speak of are are still hypothetical.

6. Black holes aren't "holes" so to speak. They are super-condensed matter of mind-boggling mass. They are solid objects with a surface. If you tried to "pass through" a black hole you'd be torn apart and spaghettified by gravity before becoming a long, stretched out grease spot on the surface.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Thank you. Yes, physical objects would be obliterated in the tremendous power. What I was speculating about was that our energy could pass through after death. This would lend to an interdimensional layering, which has been theorized for a long time.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Black "holes" are spacecraft that speed up, end, analyze and catalouge our (spaces) existence.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Title of thread is very misleading

10. Once a year there should be a designated Black Hole Month.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. is this an attempt by you to convince yourself that their maybe life after death?

12. No sir. I already know there is. I'm just contemplating our way to the next level.

13. There is no "other side" to a black hole. And since energy has no mass, it would be unaffected by the gravity of a black hole.

14. I'm pedestrian by nature so for me there's only here.

15. #15 Major Hit, Apr 25, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2022
    That's a good point. And something to think about. - But the energy in light goes on forever unless a solid object stops it. And light has no mass.

16. Everything, everywhere, every-time, everyone....

Eventually we all come together.

Big Bang 4,768,924,876,326.

Yeah! Gonna party like it's five trillion.

17. I love the idea of a black hole, what it can suck in, and possibly what it cannot.

Saw a cool video of a blackhole that is 11 times the diameter of our solar system. Weird shit has to be happening in there

• Like Like x 1
  18. Incorrect. Light does have mass. Light is made up of photons and photons were proven to have mass, otherwise light couldn't be affected by things like black holes and other gravity wells. And since black holes are solid objects with immense gravity, light cannot escape one. Very few people seem to understand that a black hole is just a really fucking massive star that has collapsed upon itself. The outer layers are blown off in a super nova while the core collapses upon itself leaving behind an unimaginably dense remnant that distorts spacetime. Anything that enters its gravity well will ultimately just add more mass to it.

You and your energy would simply become part of the black hole's mass.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Sounds like the bookshelf scene at the end of Interstellar. I hated that ending. :devilish:

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. There's a blackhole at the center of every galaxy and it has to be insanely massive. I mean it's holding an entire galaxy together ;)