Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Contaminated with silicon?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Magster, Nov 16, 2010.

1. Hello GC.
    Heres a video about what kind of weed is moving around in the streets of my country.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ao2BaqjPGc]YouTube - Contaminated cannabis[/ame]

It is probably sprayed with silicon or something to make it heavier and I unfortunately have lots of it. :(

Maybe anyone has an idea, how to get it clean? I dont know if baking does the job or maybe by using vaporiser i wouldnt get the crap in my lungs.

Help me :(

2. Pretty sure there is nothing you can do.
    It can be sprayed with tons of stuff (glass, sand, water, chemicals, paint, etc) so there isn't a way of knowing what it exactly is.
    I came across some of this about a year ago, the keif was really sandy and loose and it scratched a CD if we rubbed it across it.

I don't think it is safe to smoke, sorry to say.
    Our dealer at the time got PISSED when we told him, and he was like "We just got 7 lbs of this! Someone should get shot!!" which is true.
    Fuck greedy pot dealers, if you want money deal coke.
    Jesus.

3. The only thing that touches my weed, is me! From the seed to the stash jar, growing is where it's at!

4. Thank you. I think its silicon cos it leaves oily ashes and the stems wont crack when i brake them.

Nothing to do then, just have to sell it :confused_2:

5. I think its silica, or silicone dioxide

6. Who the hell does this? I mean honestly. People are such dicks man that's why we all need to grow our own supply so we don't have to deal with sketchy people like that.

You would think that for the video they could at least spring for a cheap glass pipe or something there showing you it on a can, kinda weird but this is shitty!

7. So... the guy who sold this to you was such a dick and we all hate him for selling contaminated weed. And your solution is to sell it and do the exact same thing to someone else? :mad:

8. EXACTLY what i was thinking.

9. Throw that shit away man!

10. Ye thats what im probably going to do.

Its quite horrible to think that this silica stays in your lungs and there is no way to get it out.

Im sad for losing my money tho :(

I must say, that ive never seen any "grit" weed with glass or sand in it, but its quite rare to find non oliyash weed these days here.

11. That crap deserves a can :D

The weed itself looks quite nice tho, doesnt it?

12. How much of it did you buy? Yeah it looks decent but not when they start burning it. I just heard about this actually from your thread and i've been researching it. Never seen it in person before.

13. YOu guys know that silica is sand right?

14. Its gritweed. :(
    There was and still is an epidemic in the UK.

15. oh. I didnt. English is not my mothers tongue so sorry if i say something wrong.

I thought the shit in this weed is something similar to silicon that leaves that oily ash.
    I would really like to know what exactly it is.

16. I bought 15 gs, that might not be much for some but it is for me. I bought it from a person i used to trust so i didnt even check the stuff when i first got it.
    Also the weed bubbles when burning.

Im happy i could give you new info :)

ATM im thinking about washing my weed, that might get me clean stuff, probably just about 5g tho :(
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iMH0Sh2W7I]YouTube - Contamination[/ame]

17. To be fair, silicon is different from silica

18. Anyone caught selling shit like that should be made to sit down and smoke an ounce in an hour. Then let them feel the effects of that crap in their lungs.

19. this this this lol was thinking what a jackass move to take :/

20. That's what I said above, I think natural silicon is silica.

I also think this is happening (the spraying) at a level far back so it's not really the dealers doing it.