Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Contaminated Weed - Please Read

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Le Grenouille, Dec 18, 2006.

1. yea, i stick with my local grown outdoor. dont have to worry 'cept for the occasional spider mite bud here and there, but never more than 4 or 5 little buds in an oz.

edit:: i hadnt thought about it, but wouldnt smoking it with a water filtered pipe (bubbler, bong, whathaveyou) catch all that stuff? the particles wouldnt make it out of the water...

2. hey man thanks for bringing this up, i tihnk human life is worth more than making a couple bucks, shame on any dealers who do this, they should be forced to smoke what they distribute.it sucks no im kind of scared to smoke and i really want to smoke over christmas break. Can someone give me an easy but guaranteed way to test if your bud is infecteed, im nto a veteran smoker or anything so i cant look at weed and instantly know somethings worng rlly.

3. Thanks for that, never heard of this before +rep

4. I've seen ads in high times for the sugar additive to increase weight, really sucks. I mean c'mon, like people aren't already making killer profit.
    It's to bad more people can't take more pride in their product. I hadn't thought about it, but the water pipe idea mentioned sounds like an idea, I can't see sand or glass or anything like that making it up through the water.

5. Wrong, I thought that, and tried it. I think as the bubbles in the bong burst, the particles are airbourne. I smoke bongs all day long everyday for the past 2 years (EVERYDAY!) and I seriously coughed my guts up for about 5 mins, then stormed down to my dealers house and told him to take that shit back and give me some hash!
    Had a sore throat for the next few days and now feel fine.

If I get some more I might try soaking the bud in water then dry it out thouroughly (while smoking hash) and see what that does:confused:

6. The ukcia site recommends using a pipe with a gauze or putting a cigarette filter in the roach end of your joint if you have to smoke it.

http://ukcia.org/

2nd article down. There is also a forum link under the picture where people are talking about it. I haven't read all of it, but it sounds like contaminants you can actually see or just the tip of the iceberg.

7. That's why you find a top of the chain dealer and make friends with him. Im sure all of this contamination is being done by the penny pushers and runners trying to make a few extra bucks.

8. Idk thats fucked up. I know it won't affect the states that much because once dealers if they do take the idea of this to make a lil extra dough there gonna get it back. My buddy was chilling in a ghetto once with his friend drinking on a porch. And they see this car go slowly by a guy on the corner his friend says thats the guy that sells fake crack. The people do there transaction and the guy in the car leaves, a little later like 5-10 min. later he drives by slowly and does a driveby on him and killed the dealer lol. Real shit. And of course 20 seconds later 5 cops pull up. The fake crack was soap. So what i'm saying is when dealers start doing this people will realize it and he's gonna lose business or get cronfronted with a firearm. Thats basically y dealers won't want to start doing this so nothing to worry bout. You just have to be very careful and shit just be like well man wanna smoke a blunt or something and see how he reacts thats what I do.

9. yeh but that just wont happen in the uk^^ there are hardly any guns and its only weed.. not crack. weed = chill.. crack = addictive

10. They are saying that the grit is throughout the bud, so it would have to have been sprayed on it before it was dried.

I searched google news for "contaminated marijuana" and "grit weed" and neither one is being reported in the news. Only forums like this and the ukcia site have any information about it. Some on the ukcia forum are even speculating that the law did this themselves so they can justify reclassifying weed as a class A drug.

I had high hopes that the UK would lead the way in legalization of marijuana, but things are not looking too promising.

11. good thing my dealer gets it from a grower who takes pride in growing his weed

12. found a fuckin gravel at the bottem of a half i bought this summer talk to the dealer and gave me 10 dollers off now i always check my weed.

13. My guy texted me today and said he got some new stuff in. He said its better than the last stuff he had, so he tried it, which he always does. So unless he turns up dead in the next few days I'm pretty sure the stuff I'm gonna pick up is okay.

14. this is terrible for the marijuana laws in the uk

might be reclassified as a B class or even maybe A (same as heroin, crack)
    if the government see this as a threat.. no doubt they will blame the plant not the stuff it is cut with.. also people are gonna be like 'weed kills you'
    i hope this stops soon as many people i know are too ignorant to stop and just think its crystals

15. O ya what i said for sure wouldn't happen there. But in the states most dealers aren't gonna take the chance is what i'm saying.

16. Man am I glad everything that I get, for the most part, is grown locally.

17. i doubt that shit will be going around here... thanks for the info will be on the lookout

18. I came across this shit in the USA last week. Couldn't get ahold of my normal guy, he was out of town, so I went down to cleveland hts, and bought a dub from some guy standing around. I wasn't really paying attention, and it was dark in the car, I threw it into my grinder, and immediately notice a grinding crunching sound. Apon sticking my finger into the ground bud, and licking said finger, I could feel grit on my teeth. Threw the dub away, washed out my grinder, and had to throw away some keif that got the sand shit mixed into it. I'm pissed, thank god my dealer is a good friend I've known for awhile, and is an actual connoisseur and cares about what he sells. Stay safe, and don't smoke or buy this shit, tell your dealers to stick it up their ass. :wave:

19. Oh dear allmighty lord, would you please stop talking about these ludacris stories that give weed a bad name and arn't true mostly. seriously, stop saying that bullshit. I HATE HEARING THIS SHIT. for example, the other day at school a girl took a toke of my friend's weed. all of the sudden it's mixed with crystal-meth. it's fukin bullshit, and all thats going to do it make the police crack-down on weed, which is totally frikin unnecessary. Do you think its fair seeing the cops harassing kids at school every second day now? Tossing them in the back of a cruiser for toking a fucking bowl?? FUCK man I'm sorry but hearing that shit pisses me off unbelievably. it is SO not real. SO. So, frick;), that, shit!
    keep on toking you're weed, cuz it's only weed:smoking: