Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Contaminated or just paranoid?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by dazzle666, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Hi i just bought some weed and i'm not sure if it's been sprayed or am being paranoid. i read about tests for it any tried some. i shook the bud and lots of tiny specks fell off but they don't sparkle under a table lamp. it feels kind of dusty between my fingers but i can't feel anything on my teeth when i rub my fingers across them. i sprinkled some onto a CD then rolled a metalic can over it and it crunched a bit but rubbing it across the CD doesn't sem to scratch it. looking at the bud when opened up there's alot of tiny specks on it but not many on the stem and when i scrape the stem with my fingernail nothing much falls off. is it possible that normal weed has these little white dots inside and is it possible for non- contaminated weed to shake off these little bits that feel kinda dusty? i'm not sure if it's just nice weed or that stuff was added afterwards. i smoked a little and it gave me a nice buzz but now i'm feeling paranoid that it might be sprayed with something. thanks for reading and hopefully helping me.

2. lol you're good bro most likely some indoor bud grown close to fully due to no crystals being on the stem, pics? It definitely sounds like you have some stuff thats safe to smoke, you're just paranoid. I picked up a half of some hawaiian butterscotch yesterday, and it was covered with crystals.

3. why would it be sprayed lol, you're fine.

4. Try it man!

5. could be mold.. if it crumbles in your fingers its some old stuff

6. The little "specks" sound like trichs. It means it's good stuff! Smoke up. If it was sprayed it would be pretty obvious.

7. also is it some swhagg or dank because dank is almost never sprayed ..also weed in general doesnt get sprayed

8. Hi guys thanks for your replys. i have some more info. Part of the stuff i bought was stickier and nicer smelling. when i tap this stuff not much but some little white dots fall off and feel a little dusty between my fingers. i also got a harder drier piece and when i tap that lots of the little dots fall off like a mini snow storm lol. do these things fall off all weed when tapped with your finger or banged against a hard surface? there seems to be a lot of them.

9. You're just being paranoid, man. If there are a lot of trichs then yes, they'll fall off with a tap. Please post pics!

(i think you're trolling)

10. I'm not trolling at all. I've only just started smoking weed in the past year or so and i read about gritweed. just tried to take a picture with my phone but the resolution is crap and you can't see anything. some of the weed was hard and dry, when tapped lots of little dusty feeling specks of white stuff fell off. the wetter softer stuff had a smaller amount of stuff coming off but also felt a little dusty. I'm just trying to work out if that behaviour is normal for weed or have i got some of that silica/ glass shit sprayed on my weed. Definately not trolling, i'm just a bit worried.

11. pics bro, they be better than a 100 words! lol

12. Some bud is hard and dry, it happens. Some bud is also sticky and feels more "moist". The dusty feeling is probably you rubbing off trichs with your fingers. If it was sprayed it would be much more obvious... Just smoke it, man.

13. Pictures usually help...

14. Yeah, the only thing you could lace weed with, would be more expensive then weed itself (for the most part), and so your chances of running into 'laced' weed is extremely small.

If it was sprayed or laced coke or pcp it would have a VERY bitter taste and the effect would be felt almost instantly after you exhale and would be the strongest marijuana high you've ever had.

You would know if it was laced because it would taste bad and you'll be really geeked out.

15. How often do you smoke? Reason being, with the thought of POSSIBLE contaminated bud in your hand you're probably going to be all paranoid after smoking it. Why not call a friend and ask him to check it out. It's more than likely fine as I've never came across grit bud but not saying it can't happen it's just a rarity. Also, do you know the dealer? I'd just recommend having a friend check it out for peace of mind and to ensure a pleasurable relaxing session!

Good luck buddy.

16. It could be the plants soil wasn't flushed out a week before harvest and chemical up inside the buds. Wasn't cured right...

Sprayed, I mean most dealers want returning customers. People aren't going to buy from you if you tamper with the buds, it's not cool. and you aren't doing it for the love of the plant.

17. Thanks for the replys everyone. I notcied alot of you are from USA and from what i can gather you don't really have a problem with grit weed over there. I'm in the uk where it's more common for people to spray weed with silica glass to make it heavier and sparkle. i think im just going to smoke a little bit of the wetter more smelly stuff and see if i get any tight chest or mouth sores etc. to look at it it just looks like regular weed with lots of little white sparkly dots inside when i rip a bud open and a few on the drier outer leaves and hairs. wish i could post a pic but my phone camera is shit! oh well thanks again people! :)