Containers

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Herbage, Jan 11, 2012.

1. So i got these jiffy cups i was gonna start out with i was wondering if it would be safe to start with them an go straight to a 5 gallon bucket. It wouldnt get root bound would it.

Also, would it be safe to mix my soil with outside dirt from a corn field?

2. Actually, what I've been told is going straight to your final size bucket would be best as the less you have to transplant the less you stress your plant. I'm not sure about the soil question, I'll leave that for someone else, but my best guess is no.

3. thats why i got the jiffy cups you can plant the in the soil an the roots grow throught them. Transplanting is a bitch i just wanted to make sure my 5 gallon bucket would be big enough. I'm not really looking for nothing to big sense this is my first real grow. An thanks for the feedback.

4. Unless your growing monsters 5 gal buckets are plenty. I've got 4 gallon pots and its plenty enough for my 3ft plants. Might go with 3 gallon pots next time to fit more in the room. As for the outside dirt probably not a good idea. Brings in outside organisms but if your going to I'd recommend flushing water through and testing the run offs PH maybe? Not a dirt pro haha goodluck man!

5. Word. Thanks for the info man.

6. Three gallons containers are plenty big enough. What I found out was that the three gallon square buckets are better as they take up less space, fit better in a given areai than a round 3 gallon bucket. I saved enough room to add one more plant to the mix.

Herb