Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Containers and Bags that dogs cant smell through?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Stash Box' started by .iLLadelphIAN., Dec 19, 2009.

1. So which are the best? I want to get one. If anyone has a link to something online that would be nice. I want something that will hold an ounce at most.. thanks.

2. Mason Jar? You can get them at publix

3. thats still not gana stop a trained dog. im pretty sure nothing will. maybe the vacum sealed bags but i doubt it

4. i use a little zip up bag, its meant for a digital camera, but i walked right past a k-9 unit before, and they smelt nothing

5. if dogs can smell minute traces of cocaine on printed bills then they can smell weed through a jar

not sure where i heard that

6. Idk... if the jar is airtight, and it's clean, been handled with clean hands, nothing else is contaminated with weed particles or pollen or smoke, a jar will work.

You can't smell through glass, or the metal lid or the rubber seal, even w/ a dog's nose. The bud just wouldn't get through.

7. the dog is only gana do something if its instructed to. meaning its only gana alert the officer if the officer told it to sniff for drugs.

8. #8 PuRe CaNNaBLiSS, Dec 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2009
    While the human brain has a large visual cortex, the dog brain has a large olfactory cortex.The olfactory bulb in dogs is roughly forty times bigger than the olfactory bulb in humans, (relative to total brain size) with 125 to 220 million smell-sensitive receptors. The bloodhound exceeds this standard with nearly 300 million receptors. Dogs can discriminate odors at concentrations nearly 100 million times lower than humans can.

so that being said. this is how the situation goes.

ready..

dog > you = fucked.

there are other factors that play into this situations, but the dogs are naturally set up to win this situation.

9. one of my personal friends works in my counties k-9 unit, and he trains all the dogs. all said and done each dog is given $8,000.00 in training.

Your best bet to beating a dog, is to having something that would confuse it, and the handler. Its all in confusing the handler, since they so heavily rely on the dog itself.

http://www.bewild.com/dicansa.html

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. I'm not sure what type of quantity/container size you're wanting to know about but anything glass that has an actual airtight seal should work. Glass is (supposedly) dense enough that the pores don't allow for the smell to escape at all (if the seal is air-tight). Anything plastic is too porous and will let the smell through even if it's sealed air-tight.

If you do decide to use a glass jar and are transporting it you definitely have to make sure you wipe down the jars thoroughly before transporting them. The dogs will smell even the little traces that are transferred from the bud to your hands back onto the outside of the jar.

11. funny exactly what I was thinking when I read the thread topic

12. I had some headband that was so stinky i could smell it while it was in the jar. :smoking:

Smelly Proof bags do pretty well.

13. #13 radicaljonny, Dec 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2009
    Those diversion cans are handy. Not just for stashing away from the popo but just to use to help carry your stuff around. I own one but it only fits a half oz at the most which is annoying. I may get a different one soon. I have walked around town carrying a soda can that was actually full weed tons of times--it is fucking handy. Hides the smell really well too, since the compartment is usually designed out of a medicine type bottle in the center that seals.

Also, the whole hiding the weed in food to trick the dogs handler is kinda a bust--cops have caught on to this. I saw police on the TV show "Cops" talking about how kids think they can hide the weed with food but how they know this and search accordingly. If you ever want to get an idea of how a traffic-stop-turned-drug-search goes just watch the show "Cops"...I swear they bust people for weed every episode.

Your best bet it probably just don't carry weed with you or don't give them a reason to stop you in the first place. If they do stop you then don't give any reason for them to suspect you with weed. I have been pulled over with weed a handful of times and only got searched once [we had just smoked in the car / he saw my wife stash a pipe aka we-were-asking-for-it]. All the other times went down like any other traffic stop. Even the time we got searched we got let off but that is because we live in the PNW where cops don't bother people over 18 for weed usually.

14. true but a lot of scented baby diapers covering up you stash will cover up the smell for quite awhile. I watched a dog sniff a car on a border patrol show and could not find anything but when the officer had a suspicion looked where the spare tire is suppose to be and found a lot of diapers under which was bags of marijuana ( a few pounds) and they did say the diapers will cover up the smell that is why they search extra hard. :smoke:t

15. But if the trunk is locked and you don't give them permission to search then they need a warrent to open it, right?

16. I come from a family of ex police and state troopers. My family once owned two Belgian Malinois (TRAINED drug dogs) that were discharged for gunfire reasons and yes, it takes about $9200 per dog and if the dogs dont perform, they put them down.

Heres the lowdown. They train dogs in 3 ways. To find drugs, humans, or explosives/weapons. Now depending on whats worst in your area, thats what search dog will most likely be called on you. Theyre senses are MUCH greater than ours, but they cant handle being trained to search for all three.

Now with that said, a few family members told me the best ways for smell diversion (because they understand my MJ views and respect my safety). Have food in the car, or if you get pulled, stick your stash in the food. The dog cant talk, so you can confuse the officer if the dogs on your food. Ride with a small dog or cat. The dog will be too focused on the animal to even care about whats in the car. Also, could have a large dog urinate on your car tire, if you have the patience.

And finally, if you cant do the others, KEEP IT IN A GLASS MASON JAR IN THE MOST CENTERPOINT OF YOUR VEHICLE. Its the most non-porous and airtight container.

Im ready for the feds to come break my door down now.
    Hope this helps.

17. you say keep it in the center of the vehicle? what if i had a spot behind the dashboard that hid stuff behind there well too? that way, if the police actually got a search warrant for my car for any reason, it wouldn't be in any compartment, but stashed away behind the gauges in my truck.

also, i'd drop kick the shit out of any dog that lifted it's leg to my tires. i love dogs but there's no way an animal is gonna piss on my whip haha.

18. Bahaha, yeah the piss on the tire would definitely be a last resort.
    And when I mean centerpoint im speaking of the middle of the car. Any place not near the doors or outer edge of the car or trunk. If its in the dash id say its a best bet, most police arent going to rip out your dash unless the have suspicion that your moving lots of weight. Most just run the dogs around the outer edge of the car and will false alert them at the trunk or if the dude smells youve been smoking, might just run the dog thru your car. Thats when the glass jar comes into play for your safety.

Dont smoke and drive when carrying more you dont want to depart with. If transporting it, just toke before youre in the car, stash it and drive good. And when youre home, have a celebration toke for keeping your stash.

19. ya but this was at the border so they can legally search you car and person. hell they will strip your car completely down but if you need to move a lot and your not going across the border this works. just don't give them a reason to search your car hell don't give them a reason to pull you over

20. If they have "reasonable cause" they can search you, and even if the officer says that your car smells like bud and you say it does not he can detain you to bring in a a k-9 unit which will most likely pick up the scent, in fact some officers will have the dog sniff around and when your not looking kick them to set then off if they don't pick up a smell at first.

-source from 3 years of college gov't