container sizes! post 'em here and tell me why!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by mindismoving, Jan 5, 2013.

1. i've done enough reading to be familiar with all the various "rules of thumb" about container size and root volume in relation to yield, but i want to hear from the folks actually out there growing :wave: what size pot do you use? what's your average yield? any thoughts on container size and its role in growing the finest smoke? i want to know, so tell me people!

2. im switching from 2.5 gallon pots to 5 gallon pots. that way, im hoping, i can grow half the plants and still harvest the same amount. i believe that a lamp will only produce between .5-1.5grams per watt. so believing that im going with less and bigger plants, which is a helluva lot less work and money. thats just my 2 cents

3. 5 gallon Smart pots. 45 days veg from seed, and average 3.5-4 oz per plant.

4. i started out with 18L pots cubical then i had 11l cylindrical then im down to some 5.5l cubical and they all yield the same around 3/4-1 oz per plant. now im just dialing in what pot size to use and how long a veg time to use my plants generaly end up 1-1.5 ft high. now im more leaning torwards a sog method rother than 6-8 larger plants.

5. IMO 3 gallons. 1 gallons dry out to fast, and i have never had a root bound five gallon.

6. many thanks for the input, guys! exactly what im looking for so far, container sizes and results/experiences :) reps all around!