Container size

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by 6fingerstevie, Feb 27, 2007.

1. Hi all, noob here. I began my 1st grow by germinating 6 seeds. So far, I have 3 nice healthy sprouts. 2 already show the 2nd set of leaves. They are about an 1"-1.5" tall. Here's the problem, I started the seeds in little pots, about the size of a shot glass. Is it too early to transplant to a larger pot? I'm not sure which is the bigger risk, touching them too early or not allowing the root the space for growth. Any responses would be great.

2. The size of a shot glass? You need to tranplant plant those right now. Atleast into a 1 gallon pot, but it would be better to just put them in their final pots (3 or 4 gallon) if you have the space right now.

3. Marijuana roots are roughly 12 times the height of the plant wrapped up. So if your plants are 1.5 inches tall your roots are about 18 inches, so... im surprised there not round bounds already, you might want to transplant ASAP

4. Thanks. I moved em to 8" pots. The larger one looks really good. The 2 smaller one's look fine but not much growth today. The roots looked healthy but were not 12x the length of the sprouts. Overall, I would say it was a success.