Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Contacts

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by JuicyStarburst, May 4, 2012.

1. Just started wearing contacts for the first time yesterday and I was wondering what effect smoking will have on them.

2. not a problem for me!

3. Only thing I've noticed is clear eyes and that don't work for me.

4. Been wearing contacts for about 10 years now and the only issue is that my eyes get really dry when I burn...eye drops solve this (I use Tears Naturale II)

5. First time I got my contacts and successfully put them in, I smoked a bowl and played some video games and my eyes got so dry one fell out and the other wouldn't come off of my eye. Tripped out and never wore them since.

6. It was because it was your first time wearing contacts. The weed didn't inherently cause this to happen.

7. Occasionally my eyes will get dry enough to need drops to keep the contacts from bugging me but its very rare. They have little effect on smoking toke up

8. Dry eyes was the only problem I could think of, but I'm good as long as eye drops work. Thanks for the answers, guys.

9. make sure you get contact-specific eyedrops. the other kind won't work as well and will damage your contacts.

10. #10 Salty Shack, May 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2012
    Try not to fall asleep with them in too much, the eye doctors said my eyes have been irreversibly damaged from doing that.

Edit: Yeah, try to avoid doing it at all costs.

11. [quote name='"Salty Shack"']Try not to fall asleep with them in too much, the eye doctors said my eyes have been irreversibly damaged from doing that.[/quote]

Too much? Don't do it AT ALL! my sister had eye ulcers and mine were almost fucked from doing that

12. Always have my contacts in when I toke, never been a problem for me.

13. I always noticed that when I would get really high my eyes would start rejecting my contacts, and I would literally blink them off of my eyes. But when I just casually tone they get a little dry

14. [quote name='"Sweetleaftoker"']

Too much? Don't do it AT ALL! my sister had eye ulcers and mine were almost fucked from doing that[/quote]

I use the ones your supposed to keep in overnight for a month. They're awesome

15. my eyes used to get mad dry after blazing with contacts sometimes so dry it would fall out

16. Been wearing contracts since the 4th grade.... Yeah I know crazy how I was putting them on by myself so young. They never bothered me once when smoking. Idk how you guys are having contacts fall out.

17. ive had contacts since i was 11 and im 18 now, never really had a problem. besides my eyes get blood shot even with a tolerance, so maybe contacts cause that.

18. (Different color) Contacts make people x5 sexier,x10 if drunk.

19. Not a problem for me, just make sure you take em out before putting eyedrops that get rid of redness. If they get dry, buy eyedrops that say "rewetting/lubricating", because generally those are made for contacts.

20. Eyes might get a little dry, but usually nothing.