Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Contacts and Visine

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by CyclicDreams, Nov 19, 2011.

1. I smoke daily, and I inevitably get very red eyes. I have friends that smoke and never have to even touch eye drops, but I guess I got unlucky lol. Anyway, I also wear contacts often and found that it fucking sucks with the combination of contacts. Visine really dries my contacts and makes it uncomfortable. Anybody else had this frustration? Also, does anyone know of redness relief eye drops made for contacts?

2. i wear contacts and use whatever type of visine is close and never have a problem. they do make visine for people with contacts. just pick some up and try it.

3. You're lucky. I have heard this complaint from some other people too. If you could give me a specific visine for contacts that removes red eyes, that would be great man. The active ingredient in visine that removes red eye is tetrahydrozoline hyrdochloride, which is what can dry and irritate contacts.

4. Ya i remember in high school the priniple would always see me and be like whoaa why are your eyes so red and i would just say "because i wear contacts" and it was always the best excuse!

i really do wear em tho, and visine doesnt dry mine out.....

Get the triple action relief one! Its mosturizes, takes the redness out, and idk the third one lol

5. have you tried Visine for Contacts? i dunno if it'll take away redness...it says just for lubricating and rewetting...

6. RohtO has become my friend since smoking. I would seriously check them out. Cost like 8 bucks but well worth it, I have the redness relief...They are intense at first but you become addicted to the burning felling.

7. don't get the triple action! the third one is sodomy!!!!!!!!

8. I've used those before. Rohto is mouthwash for the eye lol burns like a bitch for a little while but feels great afterward.

9. [quote name='"Keizo"']RohtO has become my friend since smoking. I would seriously check them out. Cost like 8 bucks but well worth it, I have the redness relief...They are intense at first but you become addicted to the burning felling.[/quote]

it says on rhoto v that you need to remove contacts before applying. i have used it once and wow. shits intense. it stimulates the muscles around the eyes so no redness and no squinted eyes.

10. yeah your best bet is going to be to get both the redness relief and the contact one. or you can talk to your eye doctor, it might be your astigmatism (fuck no i didn't spell that one right lol). i have trouble sometimes but it's not usually from visine, just from my eyes getting dry.

you can try drinking more water throughout the day i heard red eyes are a result of dehydration (along with cotton mouth). so you can give that a try.

11. I don't seem to have this problem, perhaps get hydraclear contacts?

12. Visine for Contacts works pretty well.

13. Maybe you should try, "Visine for Contacts"
    I have it, but I don't really use it, I find it's not as effective as the other ones, but I have contacts in 24/7, I sleep with the bitches, and I use normal visine and nothing happens to me.

14. Rohto burn like hell at first but they feel amazing especially if blazed...the first time I used...let's just call it intense.

15. I'm gonna try out the Visine for Contacts and see how they work. Maybe I just naturally have dry eyes.