Contact

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Thurk, Jul 10, 2009.

1. Jodie Foster, Matthew McConaughey, amazing movie. I just realized, after blazing up and watching it, what the movie is really about. It's about faith, and the steps you go through to find and embrace it. Not just in a God or something, but just in whatever you choose to put your faith in. Fucking amazing movie.

2. Michael Kitz: [standing, angrily] Then why don't you simply withdraw your testimony, and concede that this "journey to the center of the galaxy," in fact, never took place!

Ellie Arroway: Because I can't. I... had an experience... I can't prove it, I can't even explain it, but everything that I know as a human being, everything that I am tells me that it was real! I was given something wonderful, something that changed me forever... A vision... of the universe, that tells us, undeniably, how tiny, and insignificant and how... rare, and precious we all are! A vision that tells us that we belong to something that is greater then ourselves, that we are *not*, that none of us are alone! I wish... I... could share that... I wish, that everyone, if only for one... moment, could feel... that awe, and humility, and hope. But... That continues to be my wish.

3. I just watched that scene. :smoke:

4. When I first watched it I was kinda baked and pissed that it took a long time to get to where it was getting.

But it's still a good flick, makes you think.

5. I just saw the whole thing yesterday on TNT. It was a great movie.